Grrr, My Disney Experience annoyance

Hipster Meg

Mouseketeer
Ever since we booked last week with Disney I've been trying to link our booking to MDE (a bit early I know as we're not due to go until October 2015 but I'd like to get it all sorted) but keep getting a message saying that they can't find our booking. I'm putting in the 6 digit confirmation number that came with our booking but I'm not sure that's the right one, thought I read somewhere that I needed an 8 digit number :confused3 I've tried phoning them but apparently the office is closed at the moment so I thought I'd see if the Dis hive mind could help out!

Sometimes it takes a while for the new booking to be linked to the US system as they have to be sent manually as far as I can make out - it's certainly not automatic!

Also some people have had luck with the 6 digit WDTC UK reference (myself included) others have needed to call and get their US reference.

Also there appears to be a delay to loading OKW bookings more than any other resort - no idea why but I don't think anyone has linked for 2015 yet.

Without wishing to sound harsh (because I don't mean to), I think you need to be patient. Your trip is still well over 16 months away so there is nothing really that you cna do on MDE at the present time anyway (although I do understand the desire to be able to see your booking there in black and white).

This thread seems to confirm that the 6 digit number does work so I suggest trying again in a couple of weeks.

I would suggest that you leave it for a few weeks & call Disney UK who should be able to sort things out for you.
We booked last June to go in November of this year & waited until February before I called to get our US reservation number.
We recently tagged on an extra 4 nights to the trip at another resort & were able to get the US numbers for that reservation within two weeks of making the booking.

Thanks for the replies, I think I just need to be patient and wait for it to appear although I'm the first to admit that patience has never been my strong point!

I'd seen a lot of people say it takes 6 days to link up the uk booking to the us system.

True to form we book Sunday before last and on Saturday just gone it worked.

And yes I was being pointlessly impatient! Magic bands are now all customised!

I am already fed up with My Disney Experience. Tried to add all our Annual passes to my account a few weeks ago, I got an email saying I need to ring them to sort it out, all the passes are now in my name and I can use all 3 but DW & DS need to be issued either new passes or bands.
Now less than 30 days to go I can only do FP+ for me. We would like to try the bands but they don't send to UK. I need to ring to see what they can do but I doubt they will even understand what I am saying to them, I don't have much luck communicating with Disney by phone:rotfl2:

Booked on 31 May and MDE on the laptop has just updated my booking for May 2015 today, 329 days to go :thumbsup2

Just checked ipad and phone and they have both updated now too.

I am already fed up with My Disney Experience. Tried to add all our Annual passes to my account a few weeks ago, I got an email saying I need to ring them to sort it out, all the passes are now in my name and I can use all 3 but DW & DS need to be issued either new passes or bands. Now less than 30 days to go I can only do FP+ for me. We would like to try the bands but they don't send to UK. I need to ring to see what they can do but I doubt they will even understand what I am saying to them, I don't have much luck communicating with Disney by phone:rotfl2:

They will send the passholder bands to any US address so I would get them sent to your hotel in Orlando :)

On the MDE we've all been there. Ring tech support (0800 number on the website) and they are brilliant and I am sure they will be able to sort it for you without the need to reissue.

They will send the passholder bands to any US address so I would get them sent to your hotel in Orlando :)

On the MDE we've all been there. Ring tech support (0800 number on the website) and they are brilliant and I am sure they will be able to sort it for you without the need to reissue.

I am going to try ring them this evening. I really am glad this is our last trip to Disney for a few years. All this hassle is not making this years planning enjoyable. Disney & Tech just do not work well together.:rotfl2:

DME seems hit & miss for most people, they only issue we had were doing ADR's but did these over phone and everything else so far has been smooth and easy for us...

I was able to use my 6 digit number, but I booked at just over 11 months out, and wasn't able to link it up until around 9 months out... As wilma-bride said, I do think patience is the key with this system (as frustrating as that is!)

Rang the 0800 number this evening. Have to admit she was excellent, even pronounced my surname correctly which happens 1 in 500 attempts. Took about 15 mins to get the passes on MDE under the correct names. We have to goto guest services on arrival to collect new passes. Bands can be delivered to out hotel or friends house, she even offered to customize them for me but I will do that online.
Spent the next 2+hours messing with FP+, again got wound up with it until I figured it out, probably 2 hours wasted when we change our itinerary on arrival:rotfl: Since we booked we have already discussed changing 1 day to do something else. No idea how people plan these things so far in advance.

Sometimes it takes a while for the new booking to be linked to the US system as they have to be sent manually as far as I can make out - it's certainly not automatic! Also some people have had luck with the 6 digit WDTC UK reference (myself included) others have needed to call and get their US reference. Also there appears to be a delay to loading OKW bookings more than any other resort - no idea why but I don't think anyone has linked for 2015 yet.

I can't link my August 2015 OKW trip yet with the six digit number and I booked the day after the free dining offer came out. I didn't try though until I got back from our trip last week. Didn't want to freak MDE out with two different trips given how glitchy it can be....... I called Disney and the guy I spoke to knew exactly what I was taking about when I said I needed the US not UK ref number. He then offered to look it up but said he expected it wouldn't be available yet. It wasn't and he advised I call back in July. So I couldn't do it. But he absolutely knew what I was talking about in relation to UK bookings. This is progress I think!

I need to ring to see what they can do but I doubt they will even understand what I am saying to them, I don't have much luck communicating with Disney by phone:rotfl2:

Tried speaking to a group of 13-15 year olds at a Spanish school yesterday. My northern accent was met with a sea of blank faces!...

Tried speaking to a group of 13-15 year olds at a Spanish school yesterday. My northern accent was met with a sea of blank faces!...

You should have got in touch with Luke for a few Spanish lessons before you went. How did Yorkshire mixtures go down?

I get that down here in Surrey sometimes! The look of confusion when I use a regional word like 'mither' is priceless (I am quite proud of the fact that our Surrey raised 6 year old regularly uses Northern slang and that until he went to school pronounced things like bath and castle the proper way rather than as 'barth' and 'carstle')

You should have got in touch with Luke for a few Spanish lessons before you went. How did Yorkshire mixtures go down?
Haha. Very few people speak English here in Avila... thank goodness I have a translator. They loved the Yorkshire mixtures - one of the kids tried to get two... the look of guilt on his face was brilliant.

I get that down here in Surrey sometimes! The look of confusion when I use a regional word like 'mither' is priceless (I am quite proud of the fact that our Surrey raised 6 year old regularly uses Northern slang and that until he went to school pronounced things like bath and castle the proper way rather than as 'barth' and 'carstle')
Well that's some pretty good going! Interestingly, I've been told the Spanish can't make a distinction between the length of vowel sounds, so "it" and "eat" just sound the same to them. That would be the same for "bath" and "bahth" too. Fascinating language.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter