Growing family and need help between OKW and Yacht Club.

valenrandy

From Astroworld to Disneyworld
We are already booked for 8 nights in June at Caribbean Beach for which I am excited for. We are a family of 4 (10yo & 4yo) but about to add another child this week if all goes well (wife is 39 weeks).

Wife decided to invite her sister to help with newborn dusting trip as baby will only be 1 1/2 months at that time a wife would like to spend more time at resort. While our room does fit 5 plus infant I feel that might get a bit cramped.

I was considering upgrading to a room at Yacht Club as I figured the room would be slightly larger that CBR but then I saw the OKW 1 bedroom… the 1 bedroom at OKW is cheaper that YC and significantly larger and I think it would be awesome for us but I was also slightly enamored with the ability to walk to Epcot, boardwalk or dhs from our hotel.

We will not have a car as we will be flying.
I will also add that we are all AP holders including SIL.

What would y’all choose? Thanks!

Yacht Club is one of my favorite resorts, but in your case, I would definitely choose the 1 bedroom at OKW. In addition to the extra space, you will also have a kitchen with a real fridge rather than a beverage cooler and you will have a washer and dryer. In my opinion, those features are invaluable when traveling with an infant.

Yacht Club is one of my favorite resorts, but in your case, I would definitely choose the 1 bedroom at OKW. In addition to the extra space, you will also have a kitchen with a real fridge rather than a beverage cooler and you will have a washer and dryer. In my opinion, those features are invaluable when traveling with an infant.
I fully agree!

Granted easy for me to spend your money, but I vote two rooms at Yacht Club. 😇 (I know that wasn’t one of your options, just seems like with that party makeup you’d appreciate the space and walkable proximity to the parks/resort amenities).

I would definitely go with OKW with your family configuration - extra space, kitchen, washer/dryer. That being said, have you priced out two rooms at Swan or Dolphin? They offer AP discounts (code QWH if checking online). I can sometimes find rooms there for about the price of a mod. It would keep you in the same area as YC with all the advantages of that location. You will sacrifice location with OKW, but I can't imagine having 3 adults, 2 children and an infant in a standard hotel room.

If YC and OKW are the only 2 choices, I would go with OKW for the reasons listed by pp.

Why not just do 2 rooms at CBR? It would probably price out about the same as the other choices and that would give you 2 bathrooms, 2 TVs, 2 fridges, etc. Ask for connecting rooms. If you get assigned rooms that aren't connecting, simply request to be reassigned to connecting rooms.

The 1 BR at OKW are huge. The only downfall is the one bathroom. If your wife's sister is not staying in the same room you may consider a 2 BR as the price should be less then 2 rooms. You can Fit 5 in a 1 BR as it has a sleeper sofa and sleeper chair. The master has plenty of room for a Crib/Pack and play. Another option is to see the pricing at AKL Kidani Village ONLY as this will have 2 bathrooms it will be smaller than OKW but far more livable than any studio. There are other DVC resorts with 2 BR however they will be far pricier.

PS the walk to EPCOT or HS from the BW or BC/YC is fine BUT with young kids and a stroller...... The walk to EPCOT has 2 hills to go up then you need to walk to the other side of the park. Save it for older kids I made the mistake once (we own DVC) We were walkers at the time as we commute in NYC so it was by far not from being out of shape.

Tough choice, but I think if I wanted a one bedroom somewhere, old key west would be pretty low on my list of choices. The resort is huge, and lots of internal bus stops, so getting to the park is quite the ordeal. I'd much prefer being close to the parks where it would be easy especially on your epcot and HS days for you guys to pop in and out of the room with baby as needed. The washer/dryer is nice at OKW, but not having two real beds is rough. I'm sure sister will be tired after taking care of the baby and her choices of sleeping will be a pullout couch or a pullout chair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter