Grover's Back!!!

grover

DIS Veteran
Hi Ya'll!!! We got back last night from our trip! We had the most fantasic time!

The suprise was great-for the first time our son was left virtually speechless!! He was so happy!

Our trip was pretty much perfect-we had no problems. Got to do almost everything we wanted to.

I got to meet Wendy (MaMaduck) and Pammy Jo on the 10th-we had a quick little mini Dis meet!

Took 10 rolls of film on this trip!

I have tons to post and will do a trip report sometime soon-right now I am just trying to get my house back in order,do laundry and catch up on emails and stuff!!

You guys have been busy here on the board-lots of reading to do!

Ohhh and the AKL was absolutely the BEST!!!! We feel in love with that resort-it was so hard to leave!!

Ohhh and no problem with the Canadian ticket deal-was able to use before the 15th-no questions asked!
Smiles
Grover in Winnipeg
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Welcome Back!!!!

Can't wait to read your trip report and I'm glad to hear your son was really surprised...

Welcome back Grover!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear about your trip too. Hurry up and get your house in order.

This trip will be a surprise your son will remember forever.

I wonder if the photo lab will be speechless too when you bring in 10 rolls of film.

Welcome home grover!:wave:

I'm so glad that your son was surprised and that you all had a fantastic time! Reality sets in though when you see all that laundry! LOL;)

I'll be anxious to read your trip report too!:)

Welcome back Grover. Can't wait to hear more.

Welcome Back

Gald you had a good time

Waiting for your detailed report

Welcome back grover! 10 rolls of film?! Wow! I'll bet you have some great scrapbooking ideas :p

:wave: Welcome home, Grover! :Pinkbounc

Just in time for the freezing rain and flurries. :rolleyes: :(

I've been waiting paitently for you to post... I couldn't wait to hear how your trip went! :) :) :) So glad to hear that it was such a great time! Can't wait to hear more about it... especially the "surprise" part and what the look on his face must have been like. :teeth:

26 more posts and we get to congratulate you again on 1000 posts. ;)

Welcome home Grover,

Can't wait to here about your trip. Did you find any great scrapbooking stuff? You will need a separate album for the 10 rolls of film. You have gotten me quite excited. we leave in 9 days and part of our trip will be at the AKL. Hope you can give ua an update on what it is like!!

glad you're back!!
Reeanne
Fort Frances

Welcome home,grover!Cant wait to hear about all of your adventures.When I took in my 15 rolls of film the poor lady just looked at me and handed me a pen so I could help her fill out the envelopes,hehehe.

Welcome back Grover, glad you had a great trip! Let the scrapbooking begin!!!:bounce:

Well you should have finished laundry by now!LOL

Waiting for your report!

Can you ask ds if he would have rather known about the trip or it it was better as a surprise!

Thanks,

Again, welcome back to reality!

Scratch
:smooth:

Hi Guys!!
I am hoping to get my trip report up this weekend, I have friday off from work so I will have a three day weekend! It is really just a matter of transfering everything from my travel journal which I faithfully wrote in each night! Did the same thing on our first trip-makes for great memories to read thru as you have the little details perserved!

LOL-Scratch-still have one load to do-gave up on it yesterday!
I just asked DS-he loved the surprise and wasn't at all disappointed that we didn't tell him in advance! It was a priceless moment!

Wendy-got your PM-sent you one back!

I didn't buy any scrapbooking stuff-they had several different theme packs but the colors weren't to my liking and I found the die cuts to have a washed out look.They also had a wide variety of stickers but I passed on those as well but only because I have already collected a ton of disney things to use in my scrapbook. It is definately worth a look if your into scrapping. By the way all of the parks, 2R's and the big Disney store at Downtown Disney carried the same items, the resort gift shops had the stuff to!

I have dropped of my 10 rolls of film! Going to get 7 rolls back tomorrow and the rest on friday! Can't wait to see them!

Reanne-We just loved the AKL-be sure to take part in some of the activities they offer,they were great,they will give you a schedule at check in. We did the story telling-a CM from South Africa told us about his home. I did the cultural safari where a CM told us about Zimbabwe. DS and I did the culinary tour-only 5 of us on the tour and the CM was very chatty with my son-they had a very long conversation about tobagganing as the CM wanted all the details-never saw snow before! We got the lowdown on Jiko and Boma and got to sample a few different things-it was fun! We did the night vision goggles two nights in a row-very cool! They offer several other daily activities and different CM's do them each day so they are not the same! The pool and hot tubs were the best! Be sure to explore thru the resort,lots of places to see the animals!

OHHHHH- I forgot to tell you guys they gave us a free upgrade from the standard parking lot view to a SAVANNAH VIEW!!! It was the best-we had the Arusha Savannah which is the main on,great view-I was soooo impressed!

#1 Disney Fan--DS reaction was priceless! I am so glad we were able to keep it a secret! He was speechless so I guess you Winnipeger's didn't need those ear plugs after all!! What is up with the post count! I guess I can celebrate 1000 again sometime soon!

So more details to come!
Grover in Winnipeg!!!!!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

It sounds like everything went wonderfully well Grover!! :)

Did you get a picture of your son's priceless reaction? :)

That's very cool on the upgrade!! :) :)

Welcome Back :)

I'm loving hearing details about your trip, Grover! :) So exciting! :)

How nice that you got a free upgrade to Savannah view! What sorts of animals were you able to see out of your window?

As for what's up with the post counts... a lot of us lost a bunch. I lost 1500, LOL. Alex did a board upgrade last week and it was due to the maintenance since he had to rebuild the database and it re-counted our posts. I'm pretty sure that we've lost any post counts that we made prior to the board switchover to Vbulletin from infopop (in spring of 2001) since those posts are no longer in the database. It would make sense that I had about 1500 posts at that time... and if my theory holds true, then you would have had about 30 or so posts at that time which are now lost. It holds true for most cases at least as far as I can tell. So there's my unofficial technical explanation. ;)

Anyway, I sort of laughed when I thought about you going back under 1000 since it's as if when you got back from Disney that it seemed like a dream, or that you're still counting back up to it again. Oh well... we'll all just have to post lots more to catch back up to where we were. :p And it's another cause for celebration for you, LOL! :)

Welcome back!!

Thanks for some of the info about AKL -- we went and looked around it when we were down in September and we both want to stay there next time at least for a couple of days.

Looking forward to your trip report and all the details.

Cdnmickeylover

Welcome home Grover! For the longest time I thought you were a guy!

LOL-Sillyminny!! Actually alot of people think that Grover is a guy!! That is why I almost always write my mssgs in pink!!

Lynne-We were able to see Zebra,Giraffes,Anikole Cattle and several other antler type animals and lots of birds! Great view! And they were right by our balcony alot of the time!

Grover in Winnipeg
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter