• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Group Dining Question

dmonroe

DIS Veteran
We have a rather large group traveling to WDW in December. We don't plan on doing every thing together; but we would like to have at least 1 meal together (with kids) and 1 meal together (no kids!). That would be 22 people for one meal, and 10 for another meal. I'm pretty sure I've seen or heard that there is another number you call, not 407-WDW-DINE. Is this right? Also, can they accomodate a dining group of 22? We would really like to eat at the Brown Derby as part of the FDP. Thanks for any help!-Dana

Yes, there is a separate number, but I don't have it handy. Call the WDW-DINE number and ask them for the number for Group Dining. They'll give you the number and transfer you if you ask.

Just so you know...with 10 you can use regular DINE line. Groups is usually 13+. For the group, you will be offered very limited times....usually the first 20 minutes or last 20 minutes of the meal times. So if the restaurant you want serves from 5-10, they take PS from 5 to 9:40, so you will have your choice of times between 5-5:20 OR 9:20-9:40. They will not promise to accomodate groups any other times.

However, we couldn't eat that early or that late a couple times with our group of 20, so we made two PS for groups of 10 through the DINE line...you have to use different names and phone numbers as one person cannot technically hold 2 PS at the same restaurant for the same meal. When we arrived at the podium, we let them know we were together and could we please be seated together if at all possible....and we were willing to wait extra if they thought they could accomodate us. NOTE: They do not have to try to help you do this!! But they were able to seat us together both times...

If you can eat early (since you've got all those kids with you) I'd just do that as they can have the table ready for you and should be able to seat you without a wait if you're one of the first PS of the night. Less trouble for all involved if it will work for you...

Good luck!

We usually travel with a group of 15 adults and children. We've never had difficulty or any restrictions with our ps's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter