Group Costume 2025 MW Thread

Which race day(s) are you interested in group costumes? (up to two choices)

• Total voters

I vote for 'Old Timey Sports Costumes' as I really want to get a Medfield or Medford (or maybe Biddle Bible Class) shirt, and then I could be on-theme!

Fun fact - I live in the real Medfield - that inspired the use of this name in Disney movies (and my regular run takes me past the home that was owned by a friend of Walt’s - and he visited!)

It's Monday (already?) and of the 8 people who initially voted that they were interested in costuming for the HM, I have votes from 5. There were a few "I'm OK with whatever" votes, but as of right now the solid leader is It's A Small World characters.

As someone who is "not allowed" to ride IASW (because no one else in my family will ride it) this is definitely one that would need some thinking/planning to pull off as an easy-to-run-in idea. Does anyone have a good source for pics of the characters other than a random google search (which gives me pics of a doll series they did.)

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/It's_a_Small_World#Magic_Kingdom

This site seems to have some decent photos, although a lot of them are from Disneyland where they've added Disney movie characters to the ride.

If I get time today I can put the videos I took on youtube and link them here. I was more focused on the animals but I have a few with the people too. But... just looking now, there are full ridethroughs on youtube already so my little snippits may not be worth much.

And for those who were interested in being penguins, there are Small World penguins wearing cute little hats!

I'll keep digging.

I also had a hard time finding source images, but the youtube ride-thrus aren't bad. The first character that came to mind was one I remember from my childhood -- the leopard holding the umbrella. Seriously considering that if I can simplify it enough.

Screen Shot 2024-04-29 at 12.31.38 PM.png

There are also lots of clock-themed and facade-themed costumes which I think work with WDW just as well. There are lots of options that aren't "people" and I do think there are openings for @Mr_Incr3dible and other IASW haters to have fun with it too (like the Scar shirt).

Last edited:
I had no idea they had started including regular Disney characters.

I'm still chuckling over the one photo showing a guy in a suit, tie, and hat and well-dressed ladies boarding.
1. How old is that photo?
2. They are as heck aren't in DW in the summer dressed like that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter