Ground Transportation info & questions

Alex2kMommy

<font color=purple>I'm going a little nutso myself
I read on another site about different ground transportation options, but I have never seen anyone discuss them here yet (except the Disneyland Express and SuperShuttle.) Here's what I know (and have read so far):

1. Disneyland Express: Carries lots of people, so you may have to make lots of stops to get to your hotel. More expensive than SuperShuttle.

2. SuperShuttle: Carries up to 7 passengers (8-person van), so probably would get to your destination quicker. Cost is about $10 (per adult) one-way from Orange County airport. You can make a reservation, but are still required to call once you are at the airport and already have your luggage; the van will arrive 20-30 mins. after you call.

3. Taxi: If carrying 3 or more people, will be more cost-effective and faster than the SuperShuttle.

4. Limo: May cost about the same as a taxi!

My questions, and using my scenario as an example: Travel party of 4 (2 adults, DS6 and DS2), traveling from Orange County airport to DL Hotel.

Q1: Is it true that the taxi will be cheaper than the shuttle? We would have paid $30 (or was it $28?) for one-way (children cost less, and they don't charge for under 3, I believe.)
Q2: Is it true that the limo would be about the same as the taxi? (Even if it were just a bit more, we'd be interested. We don't typically ride around in one of these!)

Last time I bought a package, I got the shuttle service, but will not do that if the taxi or limo costs less.

Thanks!!!

One correction: You do not need to call super shuttle at SNA. You walk our of bagage claim and across the cross walk. SS is right there. They will assign you a van. You may have to wait a few minutes for it to arrive.

You can view the schedule for the disney express bus at www.airportbus.com There is a pdf file with the brochure/ schedule. Often you can get a coupon for a discount as well.

The other option not listed is a rental car. They are very cheap in the area. Our last trip I got one for $45, unlimited miles for an economy car (Saturn Ion) from Alamo. We picked it up on Thrus and return on Monday. For my trip next week I got a car from Alamo again, with a coupon code and Costco membership it is $30.32 with tax, unlimited miles. We get it on Thurs and return on Sunday. $30 to have a car for the weekend! We can go to the store, etc. Parking at our hotel is free.

hlbtimes2, thank you for the car rental info! :sunny:

I had no idea it was so inexpensive. We did not consider it because we knew we'd be staying onsite the whole time; however, it meant we couldn't run out to get groceries...or to the Disney Warehouse, which I would love to go to! I know parking is free at the DLH, so we may decide to do that. (Though a limo would be so much fun!)

Edited to add:
Oh, and you're right, you aren't required to make a reservation for SuperShuttle, but it is recommended. So I did, but then found you still have to call once you're there and wait 20 - 30 mins! (So why do I need to make a reservation??? Whatever...) :rolleyes2

It did not say to call on my reservation from Super shuttle......just to walk across to the pick up area. We get there Monday , just one more thing to obsess on! :rolleyes2

jemilah said:
It did not say to call on my reservation from Super shuttle......just to walk across to the pick up area. We get there Monday , just one more thing to obsess on! :rolleyes2

You don't need to call when you get there- just walk to the pick up area. Really- we've done it a couple times. If you called, you would be calling them from about 100 yards away. :rotfl:

Alex2kMommy said:
hlbtimes2, thank you for the car rental info! :sunny:

I had no idea it was so inexpensive. We did not consider it because we knew we'd be staying onsite the whole time; however, it meant we couldn't run out to get groceries...or to the Disney Warehouse, which I would love to go to! I know parking is free at the DLH, so we may decide to do that. (Though a limo would be so much fun!)

Edited to add:
Oh, and you're right, you aren't required to make a reservation for SuperShuttle, but it is recommended. So I did, but then found you still have to call once you're there and wait 20 - 30 mins! (So why do I need to make a reservation??? Whatever...) :rolleyes2

We had never considered a car either. Our last trip I was trying to save every bit we could. Someone suggested a car and I really didnt think it was goig to be so economical. I was shocked! I found Alamo to be the best prices for both trips. Look all over for discount codes- United air if you are a mileage plus member, Costco.com, etc. For $10 off a weekend rate use D60C. Their last minute "hot deals" are usually really cheap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter