• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ground floor rooms at DLH

Judy from Boise

Watch out – might take away your
Just booked the Disneyland hotel for April using the armed forces salute. We will be celebrating my dad‘s 90th birthday. Both mom and dad will have wheelchairs, so we asked for ground floor connecting rooms. Our last trip we asked for these and someone correctly gueseed that we would get the rooms in front of Mulholland madness. Does anyone have any recommendations for a specific tower or rooms to request?

Well, Mulholland Madness is at DCA, so are you sure you weren't previously at GCH?

You probably want to be in the Fantasy (main) tower or Adventure tower, if possible.

Strike that, Fantasy towers don't have main / ground floor rooms for guests. So, Adventure tower. Except, I don't think they have standard views for Adventure Tower either, just pool view and Downtown Disney view.

Well, Mulholland Madness is at DCA, so are you sure you weren't previously at GCH?

You probably want to be in the Fantasy (main) tower or Adventure tower, if possible.
To add to this, Mulholland Madness is now Goofy's Sky School, just in case the OP is staying at GCH and wants to request a similar view.

Now I'm feeling nostalgic about DCA 1.0. I loved the Orange Stinger swings! It was fun riding around in a giant orange.

I'm pretty sure none of the 3 DLH towers have ground floor rooms. The Discovery VDH tower does, but those aren't "standard" rooms.

GCH and VGC would be the only other onsite hotel with ground floor rooms.

OP- if you call and talk to reservations they'll be able to make note of your request and hopefully get you the room you need. I didn't even know any of the hotels have ground floor rooms. I might request that next time.

To add to this, Mulholland Madness is now Goofy's Sky School, just in case the OP is staying at GCH and wants to request a similar view.

Now I'm feeling nostalgic about DCA 1.0. I loved the Orange Stinger swings! It was fun riding around in a giant orange.
Those swings were awesome.

I agree with a PP- I don't think there are any ground floor rooms (non-DVC) in the DLH so you may need to consider GCH instead if you want to avoid elevators.

Yes you’re right sorry I wasn’t clear last time we were at grand Californian, but saving over $371 per room to stay at Disneyland this time. They did note to my request in the reservation ground floor connecting rooms. Kind of disappointing, they don’t exist!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter