gross tub at OKW

allicat

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=navy>
DD was looking forward to taking a bath in the jetted tub in our one bedroom at OKW last week. I ran the jets to clean it first and it was clear. I turned it off and the most disgusting brown stuff came out. I have no idea what it was- it wasnt rust, wasnt that color brown but it grossed us all out and needless to say we didnt use the tub. The brown stuff covered a whole towel when I tried to mop it up.We mentioned it to front desk and the cm nooded her head and gave an expression like that she had heard this before. really gross and we didnt even bother with the tub when we moved to Boardwalk later in the week.

I had this happen too a couple of years ago. I had cleaned the tub & run it with bleach to clean it out. Drained & rinsed.

Filled the tub, got in, turned on the jets. Not right away, but a few minutes later, this brownish/grayish "stuff" came out. Yuck!

I jumped out - took a hot shower & haven't used another jetted tub since. I am convinced there was stuff growing in there! yuck, yuck, yuck :scared1:

I had this happen too a couple of years ago. I had cleaned the tub & run it with bleach to clean it out. Drained & rinsed.

Filled the tub, got in, turned on the jets. Not right away, but a few minutes later, this brownish/grayish "stuff" came out. Yuck!

I jumped out - took a hot shower & haven't used another jetted tub since. I am convinced there was stuff growing in there! yuck, yuck, yuck :scared1:

I would say it was most likely Mold which is common in Jetted tubs when not used for a while as water stays in the pipes.

Use dishwasher soap with fairly hot water, then run the tub for a few minutes, turn it off until it settles then run it again for a few minutes. Drain it and then run some clean water to get the dishwasher soap out of the pipes. Do this on the first day and the tub should be clean for your use throughout your stay. If you want to add some bleach fine, you can even put a tiny bit in when you use it.

DD was looking forward to taking a bath in the jetted tub in our one bedroom at OKW last week. I ran the jets to clean it first and it was clear. I turned it off and the most disgusting brown stuff came out. I have no idea what it was- it wasnt rust, wasnt that color brown but it grossed us all out and needless to say we didnt use the tub. The brown stuff covered a whole towel when I tried to mop it up.We mentioned it to front desk and the cm nooded her head and gave an expression like that she had heard this before. really gross and we didnt even bother with the tub when we moved to Boardwalk later in the week.

This is normal in jetted tubs that have been used, and then not used for awhile. The water that is left in the jets from the previous use causes mold to develop. You'll have this problem at home if you don't use the tub jets frequently. Just follow the suggestions of the other posters and all should be fine.

As was mentioned earlier this is a normal problem with whirlpool tubs. At home I use a product called Whirlout a few times a year. I have purchased it at Menards, but I am sure it is at other stores. The Menards employee that showed me where it was at in the store told me the sales rep uses it at hotels he stays at. I will probably pack some when I book my first DVC stay.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter