Grooms Cake???

Cosi Bella

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done a surprise grooms cake for their DF either before or after their wedding? My DF loves nintendo things, (he's a dork, but i love him), and he always sends me pictures online of super mario bros wedding cakes and asks if we can get that as a wedding cake.

SuperMario1.jpg
mariocake.jpg

I told him no. lol! I would LOVE to get him a mini super marios bros cake as a grooms cake, maybe the day before our wedding, or something like that! I think that would be fantastic!!! It would be a very small version of something of the above... a mini cake serving only a few pieces...

If any of you have done a grooms cake, did you go through disney?? I know Disney is strict with their food, and so if we were to go eat at say... Ohanas one night, would I be able to bring with me a cake from an outside bakery to eat after dinner? Alternatively, would Disney be allowed/able to recreate the "Super Mario Bros." image (legally) and would they do this?? Hmm, this would really be a great thing for my DF, I know it would make him so happy and I really want to try and figure out how to do this. :) :) Thanks everyone!!:upsidedow

I'm doing a grooms cake at O'hana's the night before... we were going through Disney, but too expensive when I know and love Publix (supermarket), so my mom is going to pick it up that day. It's a University of Miami "U", our favorite team! I was quoted $90 for my cake through Disney and $45 through . I would go through Disney if I didn't live in Florida, so nothing against them at all!

When we initially started planning our wedding back in February, I was told we could not do a Mario Grooms Cake due to Copyright regulations. I've considered having it done outside of the Disney Bakery but they are so good at what they do we may just choose a different theme to the cake.

I was just about to ask the same question! Who do you call to order a Disney cake? Anyone know? Thanks!!!!!!!!

Has anyone done a surprise grooms cake for their DF either before or after their wedding? My DF loves nintendo things, (he's a dork, but i love him), and he always sends me pictures online of super mario bros wedding cakes and asks if we can get that as a wedding cake.

SuperMario1.jpg
mariocake.jpg

I told him no. lol! I would LOVE to get him a mini super marios bros cake as a grooms cake, maybe the day before our wedding, or something like that! I think that would be fantastic!!! It would be a very small version of something of the above... a mini cake serving only a few pieces...

If any of you have done a grooms cake, did you go through disney?? I know Disney is strict with their food, and so if we were to go eat at say... Ohanas one night, would I be able to bring with me a cake from an outside bakery to eat after dinner? Alternatively, would Disney be allowed/able to recreate the "Super Mario Bros." image (legally) and would they do this?? Hmm, this would really be a great thing for my DF, I know it would make him so happy and I really want to try and figure out how to do this. :) :) Thanks everyone!!:upsidedow

I saw this cake awhile back and loved it and joked it would be our wedding cake.

Anyway, we are doing a groom's cake at ohana's. I was debating disney or publix to make the cake since publix's had great cakes. In the end i went with disney out of convinece. I didnt want to worry about driving and picking the cake up.

I'm having a cake for 25 people. A round one to look like a baseball with the ny mets logo on it. My df loves carrot cake so he might be the only one eating it. But I knew he was upset were didnt put carrot cake into the wedding cake..

The total cost and that includes delivery to ohana's is 106.50 now i know one of the girls got a cake from publix and ohana's wont put it in their refrigarator so keep that in mind in your decision.

I really love that first one - the smaller one!!:lovestruc Who is allowed to make a cake like that? Did those cake bakers get someone's copyright permission?? Just wondering!? I would seriously try to get something like that for your DF. He will know how much you love him :cloud9:

OMG!!! those gamer cakes are awesome my DB would totally love them oh well so would my son :lmao: ... They are beautiful I love them!

I ordered my groom's cake through our planner. It was delivered to 'Ohana for our welcome dinner and was DELICIOUS! It was very pricey, though. I would definitely recommend Publix if that option is available to you.

If anyone is interested, here is the original article on the larger Super Mario Bros. cake. I saved it when DH and I saw it last year when planning our wedding-- we never asked Disney if they could do this, but I'm thinking they wouldn't be able to due to copyright issues. They can't even do a groom's cake with any of the Pooh characters (DH is obsessed with Rabbit). There are also a few more detail pics of the cake itself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alttext/sets/72157594289496628/

Do you think they could deliver the cake to the room? DF isn't very good about sticking to ressies and I would be mortified if I ordered it and we didn't go. I want to do a Green Bay/Brett Farve cake

I saw those same Nintendo cakes last year and LOVED them! so cool.

I'm not a Disney bride (mooner though!), so I can't help at all there, but wanted to share a pic of our grooms cake. DH is also a huge Nintendo freak so I knew we had to do something. We didn't need a huge one so this worked well...

l_487bdb752734de2a44d652f09cb04146.jpg

Basically just a sheet cake w/fondant. LOVED it!

Thanks for the help everyone! I really appreciate it :thumbsup2

I really love that first one - the smaller one!!:lovestruc Who is allowed to make a cake like that? Did those cake bakers get someone's copyright permission?? Just wondering!? I would seriously try to get something like that for your DF. He will know how much you love him :cloud9:

I dont know who is allowed to make it, I'm thinking a bakery would have no problem creating it... but I doubted that disney would... I just figured I'd ask here in case someone knew! I'm going to look into some bakerys in the orlando area.... :)

here's another sweet mario one:
2307105496_a042c58392.jpg

lol yep he sent me that one too! He has sent me so many pics I really want to surprise him with this I think it would make his day!

I ordered my groom's cake through our planner. It was delivered to 'Ohana for our welcome dinner and was DELICIOUS! It was very pricey, though. I would definitely recommend Publix if that option is available to you.

If anyone is interested, here is the original article on the larger Super Mario Bros. cake. I saved it when DH and I saw it last year when planning our wedding-- we never asked Disney if they could do this, but I'm thinking they wouldn't be able to due to copyright issues. They can't even do a groom's cake with any of the Pooh characters (DH is obsessed with Rabbit). There are also a few more detail pics of the cake itself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alttext/sets/72157594289496628/
Thanks for the article!!! That is very helpful. I looked on publix website and it looks like their bakery section really only does sheet cakes decorated, which i think would be too large, and not the right shape... do you know if they do other styles of cakes? Do they do fondant? I think a mini fondant decorated cake would be the best option for us :)

Do you think they could deliver the cake to the room? DF isn't very good about sticking to ressies and I would be mortified if I ordered it and we didn't go. I want to do a Green Bay/Brett Farve cake

Hmmm, I think they might be able to... Or at least to your hotels front desk! I dont see why not :):thumbsup2

I saw those same Nintendo cakes last year and LOVED them! so cool.

I'm not a Disney bride (mooner though!), so I can't help at all there, but wanted to share a pic of our grooms cake. DH is also a huge Nintendo freak so I knew we had to do something. We didn't need a huge one so this worked well...

l_487bdb752734de2a44d652f09cb04146.jpg

Basically just a sheet cake w/fondant. LOVED it!
Hey that's great! Did you go through a bakery for that cake? I'm hoping I can find one that will be able to create something fantastic!! :)

I'm not sure if this would be possible. A lot would be determined by where you are staying. I'm sure if it was at the GF or BWI/BWV the could do it. Other resorts have bakeries as well, but I'm not sure if they make more elaborate cakes. Our cake was enormous so we needed guests to eat it! We kept it at our rental house for a week after the wedding and STILL had to throw a great deal of it away.

The same lady that did my wedding cake did it. I had seen one pretty similiar on her website and told her that was what we wanted. I have seen pictures on theknot, etc of similiar cakes as well, so I know that other people have done it. I think you could prob find a bakery in Orlando that could do it.

I bet you could have an outside non-disney bakery make it for you... I think they'd be a little more lax at breaking copyright rules... you think? I don't have any idea where to FIND one - but I know like, our grocery stores up here do cakes... :confused3 and I'd bet they'd deliver it if you paid enough. :goodvibes

I am getting a cake made to look like a camera for my FH. He loves photography. So I took a bunch of pictures of his Canon camera and am having a baker create it. Do you think it is okay to surprise him with it at the reception? We are not having a rehearsal dinner so I don't know what other time I could give it to him where many people could see it. What do you think?

I am getting a cake made to look like a camera for my FH. He loves photography. So I took a bunch of pictures of his Canon camera and am having a baker create it. Do you think it is okay to surprise him with it at the reception? We are not having a rehearsal dinner so I don't know what other time I could give it to him where many people could see it. What do you think?

I think that's a great idea! He'll be surprised and so happy! :goodvibes

I bet you could have an outside non-disney bakery make it for you... I think they'd be a little more lax at breaking copyright rules... you think? I don't have any idea where to FIND one - but I know like, our grocery stores up here do cakes... :confused3 and I'd bet they'd deliver it if you paid enough. :goodvibes

lol that's for sure! although I think we'll have a rental car so I don't mind picking it up either... hmm, but how do I get away from DF for a while with out him getting suspicious....... This will take some planning! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter