Grocery stops

Belle2002

Mouseketeer
We are planning on taking Tiffany Towncar from the airport which means they will let us stop for groceries. I read somewhere that they will only let you stop at Albertons or Publix ( I wanted to go to Super Target, but oh well!!) I'm not sure if this is true or not. Anyway, if those are my choices which one is better , well, actually, which one is cheaper Albertons or Publix because I am not familiar with either store.

Thanks!!

Wanted to bump this up for you to the top again for an answer for you.

I can only compare the Albertson's here in AZ vs. the Publix in FL and the Pulbix is less expensive.

Are these grocery stores open 24 hours? We are thinking of doing the same thing but arrive at 2:00 a.m. and don't know if we will be able to get groceries then!

Depending on what you need, maybe you can request to stop at a 24-hour convenience store if there is no 24-hour grocery store nearby (although Albertson's might be open all night, as they own Jewel here in IL and most of those stores are open all night except Sundays). I don't know about Tiffany, but our Happy Limo driver was happy to take us to a 7/11. It wasn't the middle of the night, but we just wanted to pick up some lottery tickets to bring for a friend on the Disney ship.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I am wondering the same thing. We haven't settled on which shuttle service yet (more than likely ********), and so we will be picked up at the airport and driven to the All-Star Music Resort. Is it the driver who determines which store to stop at? We have been to Publix before and like it, but we find Goodings to be quite expensive. Which store is better?

Also, how much can we expect to pay for a case of bottled water? I found that last year my Brita filter bottle did not cut it - I was sick by the third day, and had to buy bottled water for the rest of our vacation! We love Disney, but we can't stand the water!

Thanks for any tips anyone can give! Tiger:)

I've been wondering the same things... And are the Albertons/Publix/whathaveyou that they take you to more expensive than others in the area?

DH feels the need to rent a car, but I'm still weighing the whole Rental Car -vs- Disney Transportation concept.
:jester:

Our Yourride driver took us to Winn-Dixie near Downtown Disney. Not as expensive as Goodings, but I think Publix was less expensive. (we did not get a card for that store that gives you the bonus buys)

We just got back Saturday and used Tiffany. Great service by the way! Amin was very nice.

Anyway, I had arranged for the grocery stop and confirmed when we got in the car and he asked which one we wanted. I just said I didn't care and we went to Publix. Nice store and didn't notice prices being any higher than normal. I usually shop at Albertsons. I bought the cheapest toaster for $10 and lots of breakfast stuff - poptarts, english muffins with spray butter and jelly, misc. snacks, pre-pkged cereal bowls, juice and milk, Capri Suns, and 1 pkg of small water bottles to freeze. Of course had to rent a refrigerator at the room but the store had the cheap styrofoam coolers if we needed it.

Hope this helps. Just make sure you have the grocery stop included with your reservation.

Have a magical time,
Tammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter