Grocery stop with shuttle

Pastalady

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used the free grocery stop (30 min it says) to stop at trader joes? We are Canadian and really want to try it. Is it too out of the way? Is there a usual store they choose? I’m thinking about booking Lanksys and we fly into SNA. Thanks!

I stopped at a Trader Joe's on the way from LAX to Disneyland with Lansky a couple years back - the driver asked which store I wanted and I don't remember him having any problem with going to a TJs vs any of the other options. Ask before booking, but I'd be surprised if they weren't willing to stop at a Trader Joe's on the way from SNA.

I have used Lansky twice and both times we stopped at the same Vons on the way to the hotel.

Do you remember which one it is by chance? I have decided to use Lansky's instead of Uber this next trip and want to stop at a store for water and snacks.

I always use Lansky and coming from LAX, I’ve pretty much gotten Target each trip.

So most only stop for 15-20 minutes. This doesn’t seem like enough time especially not knowing store layout. Do these places offer curbside pick up? I’m also concerned of the room isn’t ready and you have cold items. Will bell services still store your food?

Target definitely does curbside pick up. I do it all the time at home and actually am going to Disneyland tomorrow (yay!) and just placed my order at the one on Harbor in Garden Grove for pick up on my way from the airport to the hotel.

I always use Lansky and coming from LAX, I’ve pretty much gotten Target each trip.
I am using Lansky on our trip. They had me choose a store and I chose Vons. I think my only choices were Vons and Target from SNA. I don't plan on taking the entire 30 minutes because I will just want to hurry and get to the hotel, I'm wondering though if you need it they actually let you take the whole 30 minutes? Our version of Vons is Safeway and I'll tell you sometimes I'm in line for at least 20. I've never used a shuttle like Lansky's before, we normally go cheap on transportation. This is definitely a splurge trip.

Target definitely does curbside pick up. I do it all the time at home and actually am going to Disneyland tomorrow (yay!) and just placed my order at the one on Harbor in Garden Grove for pick up on my way from the airport to the hotel.
Thanks for the suggestion. I use Target poco up all the time but not for groceries so I didn’t think about it. They are super fast.

We just used Lansky on Sunday and wanted to post a recommendation. Our flight was 30 minutes late so they wouldn’t let us stop and get groceries. If booking with Lanskys I would recommend having a backup plan for groceries just incase. We are staying at DLH so there isn’t much close by in the way of groceries.

We just used Lansky on Sunday and wanted to post a recommendation. Our flight was 30 minutes late so they wouldn’t let us stop and get groceries. If booking with Lanskys I would recommend having a backup plan for groceries just incase. We are staying at DLH so there isn’t much close by in the way of groceries.
Oh boy, that would not be good. My last three flights have been delayed. Now I'm wondering if I just go with delivery instead.

Oh boy, that would not be good. My last three flights have been delayed. Now I'm wondering if I just go with delivery instead.
We have used them in the past and it worked out great. I understand if the driver was unable to accommodate the grocery stop if he had other pickups and was actually thinking of tipping a bit extra for the inconvenience, BUT…. The driver was quite rude to us after our flight was delayed, we immediately apologized for the wait but he was visibly quite annoyed. It was a very quiet and uncomfortable ride to the hotel. Standard tip for you sir, and a very expensive ride to the hotel with no perks 🤷‍♀️

We have used them in the past and it worked out great. I understand if the driver was unable to accommodate the grocery stop if he had other pickups and was actually thinking of tipping a bit extra for the inconvenience, BUT…. The driver was quite rude to us after our flight was delayed, we immediately apologized for the wait but he was visibly quite annoyed. It was a very quiet and uncomfortable ride to the hotel. Standard tip for you sir, and a very expensive ride to the hotel with no perks 🤷‍♀️
What company did you use?
So this was definitely the car company not letting the stop as opposed to Lansky’s?

What company did you use?
So this was definitely the car company not letting the stop as opposed to Lansky’s?
This was Lanskys. Sorry I see how this read, our first time using Lanskys was fine, this time not good. Could have been an off day for the driver, but with how flights are going these days I would have a grocery backup plan. We are from out of country and don’t use Uber eats, and our Amazon account doesn’t seem to transfer to the US to order Amazon fresh. It threw a bit of a wrench in our original plan and our kids have been reaping the benefits of extra DL park food lol. I’m sure anyone with kids staying at DLH can totally appreciate the in room groceries.

I really appreciate the feedback. I am going to scrap my Lansky's plan and just either taxi or Uber then order grocery delivery to the hotel. That is an expensive ride with no perks!

Not to harp on this, but in the details for Lansky it’s spelled out that there would be no grocery stop if your flight is delayed.

I really appreciate the feedback. I am going to scrap my Lansky's plan and just either taxi or Uber then order grocery delivery to the hotel. That is an expensive ride with no perks!
Not to harp on this, but in the details for Lansky it’s spelled out that there would be no grocery stop if your flight is delayed.
Yes it does, and even if it didn’t I totally would have understood if there wasn’t time due to another scheduled pickup. For us it was more the attitude of the driver towards us due to the delayed flight. Also just a good reminder for people as a lot of flights seem to be delayed lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter