• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery delivery

dr&momto2boys

DIS Veteran
Which service do you recommend?
Back in the day it was just Garden Grocer which I remember being comparably expensive. I can't remember which one we used last time. Recommendations please!

Our family used Target/Shipt, for the first time in December 2020, at the VGF. excellent experience for us. Our orders were not super large and did not include alcohol. We ordered through the Target app with Shipt delivery, no markup on prices for grocery items and shopper communicated with us. When our dinner ran late, our shopper arranged for the groceries to be left with bell services. During Black Friday 2020 we signed up for Target’s promotion of six months free Shipt membership, therefore no delivery fee as long as your order is $35 or over.

Last edited:

I’ve used Instacart and Dizzy Dolphin. Of the two, I liked DD better. They shopped for exactly what I wanted and offered an amazing variety of specialty trays, wraps, baked goods and sweets.

I used my father in laws Amazon Prime on our last trip (used Garden Grocer 3 other times). I priced out the exact same carts on both websites and it was a decent amount cheaper on Amazon. The only thing I couldn't figure out is that some items were from Amazon and some Whole Foods so I needed to check out twice, but when it was delivered it was all delivered as one and a great overall experience.

We've used Garden Grocer & Dizzy Dolphin, both were very good and we had no real issues. With the cost of the total trip and the money we save by buying a few items, I don't even consider the cost of the services, for example a case of water is like $7.00, buying that many bottles of water in the Parks ..........$84.00 !!

We use Walmart online services and it was delivered to our resort this past week. Their prices were much better than others and had everything we needed.

WalmartGrocery is least expensive (I find their selection more varied than others, also), Prime Now, Shipt, & Instacart are next in price, Dizzy Dolphin & Garden Grocer are most expensive.
Your best bet is to fill a cart with items you want, & see which suits you best.
FYI, the savings can be dramatic: our $300 WalmartGrocery order would have been $150 to over $300 more with the other options. If you only need a few items, the savings might not matter as much.

I've used Amazon Prime Now the last several trips. It is a little odd ordering some items from Amazon and some from Whole Foods, but I've been pleased with the deliveries. Also wanted to mention that Walmart has a fee that is about $100 per year, and that gets you free grocery deliveries as well. I haven't used it, because I do grocery pickup, but it may be am alternative to Prime Now. And though I do use Walmart grocery pick up at home, I would be a bit hesitant to do so on vacation, since the app doesn;t update in real time, and most of the time there are substitutions I wouldn't want to deal with on vacation with a large group.

Following along, DH hopes to use grocery delivery for the first time next month, to the Riviera, and wasn't sure which option was best. He does plan on ordering beer, so was factoring that in, and trying to figure logistics of meeting the driver, or whatever needs to be done for that.????
WE've been driving for the last 20 years, so always bring our own stuff, but he's flying, so this is a first for us. Glad to read this thread now.

Do all of the options listed here have alcohol available for order? Specifically, Walmart delivery or Instacart.

Dizzy Dolphin is really good.... but they are also on the $$$ side. You are paying for that excellent service.

I like Dizzy Dolphin. It didn’t seem as high as Garden Grocer and I love the excellent service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter