Grocery Delivery

MickeyMousePez

Earning My Ears
What do people recommend for grocery delivery for on-site hotels? On my last trip I used Safeway and it worked great, but they are no longer delivering to the Orlando area. I've looked into Garden Grocer, but their fees seem high. Thanks!

We use Amazon Prime Now. We are Amazon Prime members so it's included. Based on experience, last I knew (and we plan to do this in 6 weeks) there's $0 fee, no resort fee for it to be put in the fridge at bell services, you don't have to be there to receive it, and the prices are Walmart comparable. I compared other services but can't understand how this isn't the best option - unless you don't have Prime, but even buying it for a short term seems most cost effective. Our last trip was extended due to IRMA and we made 3 separate orders because my toddler was on a milk kick and we kept running out. The orders come as quickly as an hour I believe, or you might be able to order a day or two in advance. We usually order on the way to the airport. They may not do alcohol, I can't remember. We usually get snacks, juice, milk, soda, diapers, wipes, bananas, tissues, sun screen, and bath products so we don't have to pack them. If someone knows that something has changed please let me know.

We did Amazon prime now in July- worked great! We we're able to order beer- you DO need to be present to sign and show ID if you do so. It was awesome! We got breakfast staples, granola bars, water and Gatorade!

We used Amazon Prime Now as well last time. I think delivery was free if over $40 - not sure what it was if under that. Delivery can be within two hours, so very convenient, ordered while in the park, and there when we returned at night. The only thing was they don't always carry everything you might want - for example, we wanted the set of small variety cereal pack, and initially bit was in the cart, but then disappeared when I was ready to order, and no longer available. Also wanted cheese sticks, and only had string cheese or organic which were pricey, and no apple slices. These are things we liked to get from Garden Grocer normally, but there general costs had gotten very high since our last visit($9 for 12 pack of soda) as well as delivery charge. On another thread someone mentioned using Walmart, which is another option for reasonable prices and good variety - I think you did have to be there to receive it though, and they suggested ordering a few days in advance to get delivery window you wanted. There was a delivery fee, but they mentioned a promo for free delivery for certain time period.

We used garden grocer on the last trip and were satisfied but we may do amazon prime this time since prices seem a little better.

We use a personal shopper (grocery cost + 20%) because we have food allergies and cannot have certain brands or substitutions that grocery chains often make, so our groceries often come from multiple stores. Otherwise, we would use Amazon Prime, but we're from Canada and our Prime account doesn't transfer over to America, and we don't have an American-based credit card, unfortunately.

We are going to try Amazon Prime Now for our next trip. We have used Garden Grocer for our last 4 trips but I just saw that a case of water is up over $10.00 now. Ummmm, no. I keep reading good reports about Amazon Prime Now so we will try that as we are already Prime members.

We used Instacart and they delivered to BLT - you pick your delivery window (2-3 hour window). We had it delivered the day of our arrival and it worked out great!

We used Instacart and they delivered to BLT - you pick your delivery window (2-3 hour window). We had it delivered the day of our arrival and it worked out great!

I used Instacart on my last trip in September and will us them again in January. I would look at Prime but I like Margarita also delivered with my food and you can only get beer/wine on Prime. The only thing I wish is that I could place my order now and have it done prior to the week before but I'll just make sure I'm on when I'm suppose to be since I want an early morning time delivery on a Saturday in January.

Do you need to be there when they deliver from Instacart?

We will be using Amazon Prime Now on our next trip. I recently read somewhere that Disney is now charging $6 to deliver groceries to your room...but we feel it is worth it. We would much rather spend our time in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter