Grocery delivery

We like Garden Grocer. Many on here use them. There is a $40 minimum, and $12 or 14 delivery fee. If you order further in advance, you can % off. You get to pick day and time you want delivery, and don't have to be there- your resort will hold(cold storage as well). They have a good variety of items, pricier than I like, but can get what I need. You can also add requests if you need something else. They will text you when delivered and call later to make sure it was satisfactory. We get water, milk, variety cereal, goldfish, pretzels, carrots, apple slices, gogurts, etc. Go to the website and you can check it out to see if it will work for you.

We like Garden Grocer. Many on here use them. There is a $40 minimum, and $12 or 14 delivery fee. If you order further in advance, you can % off. You get to pick day and time you want delivery, and don't have to be there- your resort will hold(cold storage as well). They have a good variety of items, pricier than I like, but can get what I need. You can also add requests if you need something else. They will text you when delivered and call later to make sure it was satisfactory. We get water, milk, variety cereal, goldfish, pretzels, carrots, apple slices, gogurts, etc. Go to the website and you can check it out to see if it will work for you.
Thanks, Mary

Any suggestions if you don't want a lot of things? A case of water and maybe some diet Pepsi?

I know a few people have already said Garden Grocer but just wanted toad to that, think of things like fresh fruit, pretzels, granola bas, etc. We do beer, water, soda, snacks and fresh fruit, well worth it even with the delivery fee. I used to back a box of granola bars, etc but so much easier to have them deliver. Even if prices are a bit higher than you'd pay on sale at your local store, they are not bad at all IMHO

For fresh food, garden grocer and amazon prime now.
For non-fresh, amazon pantry plus above
For odd things you forgot and find out when there, amazon prime now is cheaper than cabs/uber to get to the store yourself (and comes reasonably fast).

pantry and prime now require you to be an amazon prime member already or join it for a fee.

I have used Garden Grocer and have been impressed with the section and customer service but not the prices. In addition tot he minimum order and delivery fee, the prices, in general were higher than I thought they should be. I used them anyway as it was very convenient.

This last trip, I used Amazon Prime Now (must be a Prime Member). They have a $20 minimum order and suggest a tip of at least $5 or 10% but it is not mandatory (of course, I would have felt like a schmuck if I didn't tip).

The selection was not quite as good but the prices were better than GG. I shopped early and put several packages of lunch meat in my cart. When I looked later, they were no longer available but then reappeared the day of my trip. They do not deliver alcohol.

I liked the flexibility of ordering last minute (two hour delivery) and making a second order halfway through my trip.

I have used Garden Grocer and have been impressed with the section and customer service but not the prices. In addition tot he minimum order and delivery fee, the prices, in general were higher than I thought they should be. I used them anyway as it was very convenient.

This last trip, I used Amazon Prime Now (must be a Prime Member). They have a $20 minimum order and suggest a tip of at least $5 or 10% but it is not mandatory (of course, I would have felt like a schmuck if I didn't tip).

The selection was not quite as good but the prices were better than GG. I shopped early and put several packages of lunch meat in my cart. When I looked later, they were no longer available but then reappeared the day of my trip. They do not deliver alcohol.

I liked the flexibility of ordering last minute (two hour delivery) and making a second order halfway through my trip.

I have checked their prices and do realize that with the fee and higher prices it isn't a cheap option, but I am looking for convenience and decent fresh produce. Will just be eating breakfast in the room and a night time snack. I also like the fact that I can get myself some wine for a night time glass before bed. I figure it's still cheaper than renting a car and a lot less hassle. Thanks for your input.

And to add to my positive comment about Garden Grocer's customer service... my mother needs a very specific yogurt to take her pills with. Garden Grocer did not have it on their list of products. I filled out a request for product firm on the site and viola!, Mom's yogurt.

Any suggestions if you don't want a lot of things? A case of water and maybe some diet Pepsi?
If all you want you could get if from Amazon Prime Pantry. Be aware Disney is now charge all resort guest a $5 fee for packages that are delivered to the resort for guest. So hopefully your pop and water will be delivered in one box and not two or it will be a $10 fee.

We use gardengrocer but mostly wegoshop. They shop and will buy sales (such as BOGO) and always great service. We also get alcohol with them. They are also retired and active military so I like to support them too.
They also give a discount to first responders (my dh is retired NYPD) and for those in the service.

Now Safeway also delivers. Their prices are less than Garden Grocer.

I'm using them next time.

I use Safeway at home sometimes, and have used them on vacation in Arizona a couple of times as well.

Last edited:
Just remember that if you use prime or pantry where it comes via post ups fed ex us mail disney is now charging for each package

Just returned after using Garden Grocer for the 5th time and I cannot recommend them enough. Of course the prices are a bit higher than I'd pay in my local store but getting beer, water, fruit, snacks delivered and waiting for me when I got there, grabbing some breakfast fruit, bar and water on way out the door and NOT paying $9 for a beer at the hotel, was WAY worth it! I am sure some of these other services are great too but having the consistent reliable service, keeps me coming back.

If all you want you could get if from Amazon Prime Pantry. Be aware Disney is now charge all resort guest a $5 fee for packages that are delivered to the resort for guest. So hopefully your pop and water will be delivered in one box and not two or it will be a $10 fee.

Has anyone had experience with this new $5 fee and Garden Grocer? In the past, GG has come straight to my room, so I don't see why I'd need to pay Disney a fee. Is it now happening that everybody pays $5/package? That would be an enormous fee on a load of groceries. I'm curious about others' recent experiences to see if this fee is really being charged.

Has anyone had experience with this new $5 fee and Garden Grocer? In the past, GG has come straight to my room, so I don't see why I'd need to pay Disney a fee. Is it now happening that everybody pays $5/package? That would be an enormous fee on a load of groceries. I'm curious about others' recent experiences to see if this fee is really being charged.

Last week had no fee charged for Garden Grocery delivery that was held in Bell Services @ASSports until we arrived.

Last week had no fee charged for Garden Grocery delivery that was held in Bell Services @ASSports until we arrived.
Awesome to know. It is almost time to make our GG order (I like the discount for 60 days in advance. I always get the same stuff.)
I'd hate to add another $10 to the bill - $5 for the bag of groceries and $5 for the case of water.

We're coming in on Christmas Eve this year, so although we'll have a car, stores won't be open that night or the next day. I tried Prime Now first but no fresh produce which surprised me (most areas have it). Then went to Garden Grocer - everything we wanted - all more expensive than Prime Now and delivery is $14 + tip. Having said that - I'm really (really) trying to watch what I eat at least part of the time, trying to keep the 30 pounds I've lost from reappearing. It was worth it to me to get the fresh stuff that I wanted, and I'm 100% sure we'll save money buying less water in the park, fewer snacks, breakfast at least one day, etc.

I'm probably going to place an order for my solo trip, but what do you do with leftovers in case I overestimate what I'll need? Do you just leave it for the cast members?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter