Grocery delivery to hotel?

nuttyliser

Earning My Ears
We'll be at Disneyland next week, staying at Park Vue, and want to get a few breakfast foods, water and snacks delivered. What's the best service to use? Amazon Fresh? Instacart?

We've used Instacart in the past without issues. Our recent trip early this July we used UberEats to deliver another flat of water and it was super easy! Just be aware that if you are ordering alcohol, someone over 21 will need to meet the delivery and show ID.

I used Amazon Fresh when I stayed at the Best Western last moth and it was great. I had groceries delivered the first day, and even had a few things that I needed delivered overnight during our trip.

I don’t know, but definitely DON’T use Albertson’s.
I agree about Albertson's. I used them recently for delivery to GC. After I told them specifically to leave the groceries with bell service because I was traveling, they did not and returned the groceries to headquarters. I had to call back multiple times to process the delivery. They delivered the items finally, but they were missing a minor thing. Next time, I will use Instacart instead.

Instantcart, Uber Eats, Amazon Fresh, Walmart & almost every grocery store does their own delivery it seems. I order stuff directly off Costco 1 day delivery all the time and is delivered with Instant cart or Doordash -- but I order directly because I have found it is 10-20% cheaper

Earlier this month I set up an online delivery from Albertsons to a Good Neighbor hotel (Best Western). It worked perfectly and was waiting for us when we arrived.

We use instacart. Just a heads up, back in June the bell services desk would not accept our order (even though they had on previous stays), so we had to run down and get the order from the driver.

If I use Instacart delivery, is Walmart the best store choice for general foods? I don't use Instacart at home and I don't know grocery stores near DisneyLand. TIA!

If I use Instacart delivery, is Walmart the best store choice for general foods? I don't use Instacart at home and I don't know grocery stores near DisneyLand. TIA!
If you are wanting to do Walmart I would just order from them directly. They have their own delivery service & Ive gotten stuff on their express one in 75 mins. I have never not been able to get them same day even without the express. I am not a big Walmart person TBH, and only started using them because my AMEX card gave me free delivery. BUT with that said I use them now for 95% of my food delivery. I used to used Instantcart a lot & started during COVID. I stopped because I noticed the prices were at times 25% more than in store.... even with Costco! So I directly order from Costco same day(that is usually delivered by Instantcart) and it is the in store price. One nice thing about Walmart delivery is the prices are also the same in store.

If you are wanting to do Walmart I would just order from them directly. They have their own delivery service & Ive gotten stuff on their express one in 75 mins. I have never not been able to get them same day even without the express. I am not a big Walmart person TBH, and only started using them because my AMEX card gave me free delivery. BUT with that said I use them now for 95% of my food delivery. I used to used Instantcart a lot & started during COVID. I stopped because I noticed the prices were at times 25% more than in store.... even with Costco! So I directly order from Costco same day(that is usually delivered by Instantcart) and it is the in store price. One nice thing about Walmart delivery is the prices are also the same in store.
I need to have groceries left with bell services. Will Walmart direct order do that? At WDW, I have to meet the driver for Walmart deliveries.

Thanks so much for the info!

I need to have groceries left with bell services. Will Walmart direct order do that? At WDW, I have to meet the driver for Walmart deliveries.

I always leave notes on my Walmart delivery to just leave in my garage. I think you could leave notes for them to with the bell hop :)

I would check ahead or have a back up plan. Back in June Bell services at DLH would not accept our groceries and we had to run down and meet the driver.

On our last trip, which was in July 2021, we stayed at BWPPPI and had no problems with a food deliver to our door (DoorDash). Similar to Park Vue, the BWPPPI has exterior facing doors such that any delviery person can easily walk up to it from off the street, so they dont' need to go through a lobby or anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter