Grocery Delivery Question

festus105

Mouseketeer
My daughter and I have a first time visit to DL and are staying at the GCH - DVC Villas... We'd like to have groceries delivered to the GCH... I've already done some online shopping at Vons... I was wondering if we are not there to meet the delivery person will the CM's at the GCH accept it and place it in our room for us? Or do we have to be present for the delivery? Thanks for the help.

- Ken

We've stayed at GCH many times, but not the DVC Villas. So rules might be different? I'm sure someone will chime in.

For all the regular hotel rooms, Bell Desk will received delivery. You do not need to be present. They will store the cold items in their fridge. And they will deliver all items to your room when you return and call for them. The exception is alcohol. If you even have one beer or bottle of wine, and are not present to personally receive the delivery, the Bell Desk will send back your entire order. So keep the alcohol out, and you can get the groceries at your leisure! :)

Do you know if they will call your room about delivery if beer? The husband really wanted to get some delivered to our room for our 8 day stay (can't blame the guy). Wondering if we are there when delivered will they call our room to come receive?

We've stayed at GCH many times, but not the DVC Villas. So rules might be different? I'm sure someone will chime in.

For all the regular hotel rooms, Bell Desk will received delivery. You do not need to be present. They will store the cold items in their fridge. And they will deliver all items to your room when you return and call for them. The exception is alcohol. If you even have one beer or bottle of wine, and are not present to personally receive the delivery, the Bell Desk will send back your entire order. So keep the alcohol out, and you can get the groceries at your leisure! :)

Since there is no special check-in for the Villas at the GCH I'm going to assume that the Bell Desk will receive the delivery. No alcohol, so we should be fine. Thanks for your help.

Do you know if they will call your room about delivery if beer? The husband really wanted to get some delivered to our room for our 8 day stay (can't blame the guy). Wondering if we are there when delivered will they call our room to come receive?

No judgement here!! :) We get two Von orders every time! One for the food...and one for the wine. LOL We just pick a delivery time when we know someone will be back at the room. For us, it was usually the mid-day swim break time when the parks are crowded and hot.

Yes, the Vons driver usually calls me when they are "on property" and the Bell desk also calls our room when the driver is in the lobby with our order. Very easy and saves a fortune. Hubby and I like a BIG glass of wine on the balcony when the kids are asleep. Our time to enjoy together and a nice way to relax after a Disney Day!

No judgement here!! :) We get two Von orders every time! One for the food...and one for the wine. LOL We just pick a delivery time when we know someone will be back at the room. For us, it was usually the mid-day swim break time when the parks are crowded and hot.

Yes, the Vons driver usually calls me when they are "on property" and the Bell desk also calls our room when the driver is in the lobby with our order. Very easy and saves a fortune. Hubby and I like a BIG glass of wine on the balcony when the kids are asleep. Our time to enjoy together and a nice way to relax after a Disney Day!
Thank you for this it answered my question perfectly I too like to order a bottle of wine for a late night drink to unwind after a day at the parks. Should we play it safe and pick an hour window for delivery time and just hang out in the lobby or should we wait in the hotel room?

You can totally wait in the hotel room. We have every time. When the driver calls me (usually when he reaches the little gate house outside the actually drive way to the GCH, my husband heads down to the lobby. By the time the driver is pulling up, he's there to grab the stuff and go. Very easy and one of the things we like best about our Disney planning these days. :worship:Vino. Makes Magic Mornings possible...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter