• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery Delivery Options

dsnydaddy

DIS Veteran
A little less than a month away from our latest WDW excursion. And I am planning our meals. We've done Garden Grocer in the past but in comparison, Amazon Prime is a lot cheaper. However, I heard on another site that the Resorts are charging a $10 per box fee which would make Amazon a more expensive proposition. Are they charging a similar fee for the Garden Grocer? What about other delivery options? Is Safeway a cheaper option?

Or is it easier to Uber to the nearest grocery store and get what I need?

Amazon Prime Now delivers directly to you, sort of like a pizza delivery. No charge for that. I would tip the delivery person, though.
That's been the cheapest I have found. Other good options include Safeway delivery, garden grocer, and instacart (I like the last one for liquor delivery, they can stop at ABC)

I prices Dizzy Dolphin a while ago and I fund their prices very high and I live in a borough of New York and Im use to high prices. For over 10 years I have used wegoshop but venturing out for our September trip lol

I need to find a service that delivers alcohol not just beer/wine. Can I get this through gardengrocer? Im not interested in taking an Uber anywhere. I want the convenience of it delivered.

Thank you.

I prices Dizzy Dolphin a while ago and I fund their prices very high and I live in a borough of New York and Im use to high prices. For over 10 years I have used wegoshop but venturing out for our September trip lol

I need to find a service that delivers alcohol not just beer/wine. Can I get this through gardengrocer? Im not interested in taking an Uber anywhere. I want the convenience of it delivered.

Thank you.

Try Instacart for that. Free delivery first trip, and here is a code for $10 off:
https://inst.cr/t/wM1xmFq7N

For our early December trip, we decided to use Prime Now for groceries. We expected to have to be at the hotel (BLT) to receive directly. We actually shifted delivery to our second day to make sure the groceries were delivered when our toddler was napping so we'd be there to personally receive and not "missing" touring time, but for all that we needed it was significantly cheaper so we figured it was worth it.

I watched the little car in the Amazon app head towards the resort...and then...nothing. No call, etc.

Turns out the groceries were received by bell services, when we called down they had them, and they delivered them like an hour or two later. Everything was in great condition (frozen things still frozen, etc) so we assume they were put in cold storage. No fee, except we did of course tip Bell services.

So.... I had thought Prime Now would mean we had to personally be there but that was not correct for our case.

Caution Ben, Instacart will not allow us to use our referral credits. Spent an hour on the phone with their call center and supervisor without luck.

:earsboy: Bill

Eh, no real big deal to me, as long as it saved the other poster the $10. I shared the code because I was actually pleased with their service when I used them and wouldn't mind seeing a company like that grow.
Thanks for heads up, though. Looks like I will buy myself that next drink!

For our early December trip, we decided to use Prime Now for groceries. We expected to have to be at the hotel (BLT) to receive directly. We actually shifted delivery to our second day to make sure the groceries were delivered when our toddler was napping so we'd be there to personally receive and not "missing" touring time, but for all that we needed it was significantly cheaper so we figured it was worth it.

I watched the little car in the Amazon app head towards the resort...and then...nothing. No call, etc.

Turns out the groceries were received by bell services, when we called down they had them, and they delivered them like an hour or two later. Everything was in great condition (frozen things still frozen, etc) so we assume they were put in cold storage. No fee, except we did of course tip Bell services.

So.... I had thought Prime Now would mean we had to personally be there but that was not correct for our case.

Good to know. I followed the little car to BLT as well, and timed it so that I was able to quickly walk from 7DMT to the front door of BLT right before the car showed up. Got some good exercise, but I would have preferred a little more park time instead.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I'll go with Amazon Prime. The savings there were pretty good.

We did Amazon Prime in August. If I may make one suggestion from my own mistake... I started putting things in my cart about 3 weeks prior to our trip and from the time I started building my order to the time I placed it when we landed, certain items must've become unavailable because they were no longer in my cart when I placed the order. I didn't realize this at the time so ineffect I probably had about 10% of my order removed during that time. I wasn't charged for it so it wasn't a huge deal. Somehow bread, milk and butter, and a couple of other items fell off the list. Just double-check everything is there before you hit your final button. Otherwise they were great! Enjoy!!!

We did Amazon Prime in August. If I may make one suggestion from my own mistake... I started putting things in my cart about 3 weeks prior to our trip and from the time I started building my order to the time I placed it when we landed, certain items must've become unavailable because they were no longer in my cart when I placed the order. I didn't realize this at the time so ineffect I probably had about 10% of my order removed during that time. I wasn't charged for it so it wasn't a huge deal. Somehow bread, milk and butter, and a couple of other items fell off the list. Just double-check everything is there before you hit your final button. Otherwise they were great! Enjoy!!!
A good reminder, as the options seem to update daily, maybe even in real time, depending upon what they have in stock at their packaging location.

Thank you.
It won't allow me to use the $10 but got on instacart. Going to see if they will deliver alcohol. It is a must for my delivery :)

Bummer about the code. Hopefully someone else can pass one on.
Yes, ABC is a good liquor place that they deliver from. I love the Cigar City Jai Alai as my favorite.
I only use them for alcohol, and Prime Now for everything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter