Groceries in AZ or CA.

kgbrav

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone and to anyone who lives in AZ, I could use some opinions...

Should we pickup snacks & food here in AZ or should we pick up everything in CA? AZ food is cheaper but if I remember correctly, there's no tax on food in CA right? we'll be there for 7 days!

Any advice? thanks!

Hello everyone and to anyone who lives in AZ, I could use some opinions...

Should we pickup snacks & food here in AZ or should we pick up everything in CA? AZ food is cheaper but if I remember correctly, there's no tax on food in CA right? we'll be there for 7 days!

Any advice? thanks!

There's no tax on food if it's purchased at a grocery store. If you purchase at a convenience store, restaurant, or already prepared (to go), there's tax. I'll also point out that fresh fruit is not allowed to cross the state line from out of state.

Personally, I would just do a bunch of shopping before taking the trip, so I would have snacks for the drive from AZ (not sure if flying or driving). If you have extra time on the day you arrive or non-Disney time, by all means, you should shop in California.

I'll also point out that fresh fruit is not allowed to cross the state line from out of state.

Actually, you can bring in most common fruits, except corn or citrus, per the CA Dept of Food and Agriculture. Just google "bringing fruit from az to california" and it will take you to a document that shows what can cross state lines.

We always bring food/snacks with us. I don't want to waste any time grocery shopping once we are there. :goodvibes

Personally, I would just do a bunch of shopping before taking the trip, so I would have snacks for the drive from AZ (not sure if flying or driving). If you have extra time on the day you arrive or non-Disney time, by all means, you should shop in California.

Actually, you can bring in most common fruits, except corn or citrus, per the CA Dept of Food and Agriculture. Just google "bringing fruit from az to california" and it will take you to a document that shows what can cross state lines.

Thanks for the info.

It seems nuts are also not allowed (along with citrus & corn).

It's interesting that they made us throw away our bananas when we came into CA from AZ on one of our trips.

Thanks everyone, we are driving and I'll have stuff for the ride, but we will be free on our arrival day, we took it to get settled in, prep, explore our surroundings and start early the following day. DH is thinking why lug all this stuff when we have the time when we arrive.

Get your soda's and drinks in AZ.
Or you have to pay the CA redemption value on the bottles and cans (It could just be the plastic bottles.)

Get your soda's and drinks in AZ.
Or you have to pay the CA redemption value on the bottles and cans (It could just be the plastic bottles.)

Good point. Ever since moving to California I have stopped buying can sodas because of the CRV...though now I just drink many more big gulps :rotfl:

It's a good thing I read these forums. I had no idea that I couldn't bring in fruit! Since we are coming in from my moms in AZ I will have to make sure that if we pack some fruit for the drive, we eat it before the border....

When we drive, we take drinks and snacks for the ride, and shop there for groceries. We don't find the groceries to be that much more expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter