• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gringotts down..... Again

sz9144

DIS Veteran
In line for 30 min and they've made 3 different announcements that ride is down and they don't know when it will be back in operation
Ugh

Freakin' awesome!!!!
Finally decided to brave the lines and try it today for the first time. Posted wait time was 105 minutes and we probably beat that by about 5 or 10 minutes. I think the ride may have gone down for about 5 or 10 minutes when we were in that final hall where you pick up the glasses.

Great ride...like you say....freakin' awesome! :)

Glad to hear! Sounds like all the effects are working well lately.

Glad to hear! Sounds like all the effects are working well lately.
What effects haven't been working? The whole thing looked great to me, but I guess if something was missing and I didn't know about it, I wouldn't be able to tell. The coaster parts seemed like they were in total darkness...could have done a little more there.

What effects haven't been working? The whole thing looked great to me, but I guess if something was missing and I didn't know about it, I wouldn't be able to tell. The coaster parts seemed like they were in total darkness...could have done a little more there.

Two things often mentioned are the water spritzes and the fog at the end of the ride before you launch.

We arrived at 7:30 this morning. Let in at 7:45 and the ride was down for the whole morning... :(

We sat in the line until 11:45 or so when it finally was working. Spent almost 4 hours waiting.

Was it worth it? A resounding NO. NO. NO.

It was fun to ride, but I am not sure I would do it again even if the wait was 10 minutes.

Diagon Alley was neat and really worth the time to check it out.

We were at the gates at 7:00 this morning for our one early morning. Looks like the wait will be long for the rest of the day now. It may not be worth it try tonight so we may try tomorrow night. We leave on Wednesday, so I'm not sure what we will do. If it is down again tomorrow night, we'd have to be at the park by 7 on checkout day and pray it isn't down again.

I doubt I can get everyone to the park early again tomorrow after this morning's fiasco. The only ride they had up besides hog warts express was despicable me. They tried getting transformers up but I'm not sure if they did before 9. We did despicable me right at open and transformers was not up yet and hey would only commit to 9 AM, usual time, so we skipped that as well.

A couple in the next line said it happens to them the day before. Does anyone know if it was down Sunday morning for early entry as well?

Thanks

We have only been able to ride once
Every time we try single rider it's closed or the ride is not running

I was there today, too, and was really scared that Gringotts wasn't going to open at all! It was listed as "closed" on the app throughout the morning. Eventually we made our way there (around 1:30 pm) and rode it with a 150 minute wait. The wait was brutal. We didn't realize it would mostly be outdoors... soooo hot. When we were on the stairs about to board, there was an announcement that the ride had broken down. The CM looked pained as she explained she would get us more info when she could. The ride was quickly fixed and we got on! We LOVED it. Gringotts was such a great ride.

We were in Diagon Alley around 3 and saw a stretcher being brought to Gringotts. I assume this had something to do with the ride going down.

I was there today, too, and was really scared that Gringotts wasn't going to open at all! It was listed as "closed" on the app throughout the morning. Eventually we made our way there (around 1:30 pm) and rode it with a 150 minute wait. The wait was brutal. We didn't realize it would mostly be outdoors... soooo hot. When we were on the stairs about to board, there was an announcement that the ride had broken down. The CM looked pained as she explained she would get us more info when she could. The ride was quickly fixed and we got on! We LOVED it. Gringotts was such a great ride.

We were in Diagon Alley around 3 and saw a stretcher being brought to Gringotts. I assume this had something to do with the ride going down.

I hope the person is alright

We were there today too. We are not morning people at all when at Universal. We arrived by 7:45 and found out Gringotts wasn't running. My husband asked how long it would be down for and the woman told him it wasn't "down" they were still getting it ready for the day. At 9:30 the line was gigantic and it still wasn't running and they didn't know when it would be working. I really hope it is up and running tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter