Grinch at Honk Honkers

FairyGodmother00

Earning My Ears
Why on earth has UO decided to not use a virtual que at Honk Honkers?

This is our very first trip with a 3 year old and has been booked for a year. I cannot imagine people having to wait in line for 3 hours with small children!! What is Universal thinking?

We have been Disney fans for so long but we've become frustrated with all the hoops they expect you to jump through that we decided it was time for a change and we love Harry Potter. I just cannot understand why Universal is doing this. I know a lot of people are not happy about it, but what can you do? I guess just complain.

Why on earth has UO decided to not use a virtual que at Honk Honkers?

This is our very first trip with a 3 year old and has been booked for a year. I cannot imagine people having to wait in line for 3 hours with small children!! What is Universal thinking?

We have been Disney fans for so long but we've become frustrated with all the hoops they expect you to jump through that we decided it was time for a change and we love Harry Potter. I just cannot understand why Universal is doing this. I know a lot of people are not happy about it, but what can you do? I guess just complain.
Haven't been following the news on this, people have been waiting 3 hours to meet the Grinch? Last year when there was a VQ I never once saw any openings so was unable to meet him. Pre-covid (and pre-VQ) it was fairly easy to do, don't think we waited over 30 minutes.

Yikes! Universal app is reporting 200 minute wait. Last year there were a lot complaints the VQ filled up shortly after park opening most days, so they decided stand-by was the solution this year. Everyone wants to meet the Grinch. They can still salvage this for the rest of the season, maybe with VQ for busy days, releasing slots at different times during the day, and stand-by for normal days.

We will wait it out. Probably not my teens because I don’t think they’ll care, but my daughter and I will just go prepared for a line. As much as I don’t want to wait two hours, it’s preferable to being shut out of the VQ because my phone glitched or something.

I do agree that having multiple grinches is the way to go. It’s undoubtably harder to cast a Grinch than many other roles, but I find it hard to believe they can’t find a few more actors if they really try.

We will wait it out. Probably not my teens because I don’t think they’ll care, but my daughter and I will just go prepared for a line. As much as I don’t want to wait two hours, it’s preferable to being shut out of the VQ because my phone glitched or something.

I do agree that having multiple grinches is the way to go. It’s undoubtably harder to cast a Grinch than many other roles, but I find it hard to believe they can’t find a few more actors if they really try.
Having multiple Grinches is something to think about for next year. They'd need multiple identical sets in a larger venue to maintain the illusion of one Grinch. If guests have their heart set on meeting the Grinch, the safest bet this year might be the breakfast or Holiday tour.

Surprised they're not taking express or even accommodating AAPs of any type. Too many complained about Virtual Q but honestly I would think VQ would be better cause time spent in a queue is time guests aren't spending money

Having multiple Grinches is something to think about for next year. They'd need multiple identical sets in a larger venue to maintain the illusion of one Grinch. If guests have their heart set on meeting the Grinch, the safest bet this year might be the breakfast or Holiday tour.
The sets don't need to be elaborate. I've been seeing pictures of the breakfast Grinch meet and it looks like generic Home Depot Christmas decorations. The decor is not creative or Who-like at all, but people are there for the Mean One, and don't really care. I'd sacrifice a little illusion for a shorter wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter