Greetings from the Magic!

Interesting. We've sailed three times - twice on the Magic and once on the Wonder and Jim is the only cruise director we've met. Is he on the Wonder now?

Jim was the cruise director on the Wonder back in the second week of March. Seemed like a really nice guy.
Cheers,
Grumbo

I wanted to Thank you once again for your report. Especially the "mad Scientist" information, since my son has a very active imagination and will most definitely be frightened.

Your reports have been very informative and I have really appreciated reading them.

Thanks again for taking time out of your cruise to be writing these wonderful reports for us all to enjoy!

Have a safe trip back home,
Vivig

DH here, it's about 10:40pm, so this will be short as they are closing the Internet Cafe at 11:00pm Would have posted last night, but fell asleep with the kids at 9:00pm!

1) Day at sea yesterday was perfect, weather ideal, but as always, crowded at the pools. We had 7 days of pure sunshine and 80-85 degree weather. Even Cruise Director Rick was surpised.

2) Spoke with a cast member re: the sickness issue. Know this is old news for most, but if you're still nervous about it, don't be. This cruise had no indication of any outbreak. The "germicidal" control helps and will probably remain in place, though.

3) Went to Castaway Key today. The shipped "backed in" so AFT was closer to the beaches. Don't know if that's always the case - take it for what it's worth.

4) During day at sea, there was a program at the Goofy Pool at 1pm. Goofy came out and did a "workout", then Donald did a game and then finally Mickey came out and did a game and dance. They had about 50 kids up there participating. The whole shebang was 30 minutes and lots of fun for little ones. Keep your eyes open around that time on any day at sea.

If you have any specific questions about anything I may have failed to mention, feel free to let me know and I'll remember what I can...

Final Goodnight from the Disney Magic!

Thanks for all your post, glad to hear you had great weather!!!
As your cruise ends, mine gets one week closer!!!

Thanks for all of your updates Cruisin4Disney!!!

And now, the question everybody wants answered...

When's your next Disney Cruise?!

:)

Thank you for the trip reports. So very happy that you had sunny days and a wonderful time! :D

DH one last time - Finally made it home and carried all the kids up to bed - I am out of shape (or need a ranch style home)

Found out about this from other posts, but to those who have not yet seen it, there is a great deal at the Orlando Airport Hyatt for a "day stay". You can check in in the morning and stay through 6:00pm same day. It's $60 and a great stop over point if you have a long stretch of time between Magic debarkation and flight home. We saw probably about 5 families who took advantage of this like us. DS-18 months took a nap while the rest of us swam at the heated outdoor pool. It was really a nice way to wind down after the whirlwind trip. I recommend it to all.

A couple of interesting points from this morning:

1) We got to Topsiders at 8:20am for breakfast. They still had stuff there, but packed it up promptly at 8:30. Thanks for the memories, but GO HOME! I understand, turning the ship around for the next cruise may be the toughest day of the week.

2) We left the ship a couple of minutes after 9:00am. There were still some people milling around the atrium. By the time we got to the luggage, we were the only bags in our section left and pretty much no one else there. After so much chaos on other trips, this was a delight. No customs officials either at that point. Porter dropped our paperwork and we kept going. We had a car service arranged so no stress there either. I recommend lagging behind to miss the hectic debarkation.

3) Was surprised Shutters was still taking photos on Friday evening (we had some shot around 8:00pm). They were up by 10:00pm and by 11:45 (when I got there to check), it was pretty quiet. FYI: Shutters is NUTS Friday night. Avoid it at all costs between early seating and late seating. I recommend making it your last stop before turning in at night. Not much activity then.

4) Kids club was still going strong until late Friday night as well. We went to turn in our beeper at 8:10pm and they were surprsied that we weren't taking advantage of some of the late activities. I give them credit - they are dedicated.

5) Never ran across any DISsers on the trip, though it was fun trying to guess who might be. I always looked for the family that was always "ahead of the game" with regards to photo ops, ship knowledge, etc. Was particularly looking for CPR since their family has Ohio roots, but never found them. Did you find us????

And finally, Three Circles asked when we are going back....
Actually, it's an odd story. This trip was planned in about three weeks when, on a whim, DW was checking cruise options on the website for our neighbors. Up popped a Cat 11 special for the week of our spring break. We talked about it and booked. We needed two rooms, got the guarantee and left the rest to fate. Figured we would be split on opposite ends of the ship and different decks worst case, but that's what phones and two-way radios are for. A couple of days later, the Cat 11 special was gone. A couple of days after that we were assigned to adjoining Cat 9 rooms. It really made us feel like we made the right decision about going! Then, the Cat 11 special was back. It's like they put a lot of people on guarantee, freed up space by moving people around, and did it again.

The odd part of the story is, we had already booked a trip (with my in-laws tagging along) for this August. So, we're on the August 2 sailing. See you then!

crusin4disney,

Rae519 and her family will be on the Aug. 2 cruise as well. Lucky her she is cruising three times this year. I think she goes just for the JUMBO shrimp, so if you want some, you had better watch out for Rae!!!

Andy

ooohhh Andy, just wait unti Rae gets up this morning and reads this!!!! She's going to eat ALL the shrimp on her trip and leave nada for you!!! LOL

Jeanny :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter