• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

greenban POLL: AKL Founder's Tapestry

Do you want in on the Founder's Tapestry at AKV? FOR AKV Purchasers Only!

• Nope, Not Buying AKV

• Nope, Not Buying Enough AKV Points, AND Not Interested

• Nope, I'm buying, I want it, but I can't afford it.

• Yep, I'm buying and I want it!

• Yep, I'm buying and I increased my point purchase to get it

• Yep, I'm buying, and I'd be devistated if I don't get it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Honestly, as long as I can stay at the AKV I don't really care about the Founding Member thing. To me it's just one of those promo things to get as many people to start calling in and buying as quickly as possible.

I really do want to get AKV points (just for the sake of having the booking advantage) but I'm in no rush to get the points just to get my name on a tapestry. Besides I have a really common name so perhaps someone else will get in on it and put my name up there for me! :goodvibes

I put a call in to my guide just to get "official" numbers and prices and other details. Not sure when he'll be in or call me back. :confused3

Well, it seems like 26 people at the time of this writing wanted the POH ... so if it was truly a 150# ... it's likely a third of the spots might already be taken. I wonder if they saw the huge demand and decided to extend it to the first week. But if that makes the number > 150, isn't it less special ? :confused:

I'm ultimately going to buy 200 points at AKV, but I wouldn't want my real name posted anywhere at Disney for all eternity. I will gladly wait a few months to make sure my name ISN'T on the tapestry!!!

The info I was told indicated that it is not limited to 150 families. Instead, it will be available to all families that purchase 150 points or more thru the end of February...

Something about the marketing material did not indicate limited availability. So it could mean that there will be a larger tapestry created, multiple tapestries, or smaller print on the tapestry. Oh, and members will get a smaller replica of the tapestry when it is completed.

I doubt I'll go for 150 just to get the tapestry... right now I'm debating 100 just to get the $8 off.

I'm ultimately going to buy 200 points at AKV, but I wouldn't want my real name posted anywhere at Disney for all eternity. I will gladly wait a few months to make sure my name ISN'T on the tapestry!!!

Dear DVC-Lizzie Borden:

Oh Lizzie:

Everyone has already forgotten about those 40 whacks (or was it 41?)!

You can let your real name go up there!

-Tony

Dear DVC-Lizzie Borden:

Oh Lizzie:

Everyone has already forgotten about those 40 whacks (or was it 41?)!

You can let your real name go up there!

-Tony

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lizzie Borden took an axe,
And gave her parents 40 whacks.

When she saw what she had done,
She gave a froggie 41!

My guide just called to tell me we are in for the tapestry, and then explained how upset the guides were.

It seems they have been working 12 hour days this week, making sure their members can be the 1st 150 Founding Members, and they found out because of a marketing mistake with the mailing, they have to extend the founding members to anyone who purchases through February 28th. (the mailing did not say there was a limited number for the tapestry.

She was more upset than I think the members are, I mean, I am not upset at all. As long as my name is on it, that is all I care about. But I mentioned that maybe the original 150 members should at least have their name in gold lettering! I was joking, but she LOVED the idea, and said she was going to pass it on!!!

Can you imagine???If I get down there and see the 1st 150 members in gold, I am going to wet my pants! It will have been MY IDEA!!!!

. But I mentioned that maybe the original 150 members should at least have their name in gold lettering! I was joking, but she LOVED the idea, and said she was going to pass it on!!!

Can you imagine???If I get down there and see the 1st 150 members in gold, I am going to wet my pants! It will have been MY IDEA!!!!

That would be great.:thumbsup2

My guide gave me the impression it would be last names only. The only reason it came up is I kept my maiden name and we were joking about if my last name should go up on the tapestry or DH's.

And for the curious - I said DH's. We have two sons and I felt the boys would appreciate their last name being up there more than I care about mine being up there.

My guide gave me the impression it would be last names only. The only reason it came up is I kept my maiden name and we were joking about if my last name should go up on the tapestry or DH's.

And for the curious - I said DH's. We have two sons and I felt the boys would appreciate their last name being up there more than I care about mine being up there.

Taking one for the team! :thumbsup2

I have a different last name from my husband, too, but we're both DVC members. As such, I'd expect BOTH of our last names to be on the tapestry. Especially since both of our names together only have 9 letters total!

I have a different last name from my husband, too, but we're both DVC members. As such, I'd expect BOTH of our last names to be on the tapestry. Especially since both of our names together only have 9 letters total!

Our guide did mention they could hyphenate our names. I said I would prefer DH's. You may want to call your guide and let them know your preference.

I'm pretty sure that I'll be on the phone w/ my guide in the AM. I tried today, but no such luck. :( I've said since 2003 and first learning about DVC that if it ever came to AKL, I'd be first in line. So, I wasn't first, but at least we'll be founding members! I've decided to buy AKV, then sell the SSR contract. DD is a CM, so we'll have to see how that all works, first, but I'm thinking I'll be saying "Karibu Nyumbani" soon!

Our guide did mention they could hyphenate our names. I said I would prefer DH's. You may want to call your guide and let them know your preference.
Already emailed yesterday and said we want both names, no hypen. Mine is 4 letters long and his is 5 so that shouldn't be too hard. 10 spaces with both names and a space between them!

I'd love it, but we aren't purchasing enough points for it.

I'd love to be part of it if we had the spare cash, but alas we're not rich!!! LOL

We decided that when we do add on, it'll be at a resort wtih direct park access (walking or monorail).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter