Great unknown tips or secrets!

discruiselovers97

Mouseketeer
Do you have any tips about things to help you on your cruise to get around the boat or just any tips? I know that this would have helped me if i was knew to a disney cruise ship or something so thought i might make this thread! You might just learn some secret you never would have known! I guess i will start!

Did you know that when you get out of the water and have to walk through the sand and hate all that sand stuck to your feet all you have to do is once out of the sand put baby powder on them and the sand just comes right off! :banana:

If you or your child are not feeling well, and are stuck/confined to the room for the day and you do not like what is playing on the schedule, request a VCR and a list of movies and they will come hook it up for you and bring the movies.

In the rooms with a veranda, you can turn off the lights on the veranda. The switch is behind the curtains near the door on the right side. I found this on our last day...
Elisa

I LOVE this Thread!!! Sorry I can't think of any good tips right now.
Maybe if I bump this up to the top others will share some more GREAT TIPS!

Thanks for sharing everyone~

Great idea for a thread! :thumbsup2 I don't have any tips to add at the moment but would love to hear more.

tip-if you are a room close to the midship elevators chances are you are going to have a lot of people walk by there so if you have a decorated door it really makes people just in a better mood!

I would really like to get this thread going because i know there are some great tips that just need to be known! Well did you know that the 1st floor doesn't go all the way around? Learned that the hard way playing tag...

ohh just saw a post on a different thread and had to post this! Ok i would highly not suggest bringing your own computer. We did payed for the internet and it ended up we could only use it in 2 different places that were VERY odd. 1 was the 1st floor(our room was on the 8th) and on the top floor outside in the very front of the boat...let me tell you that was hard! Sry for the 3 posts in a row!

Up by the where all the workout equipment is there are two AWESOME showers. No extra charge......I went up there everytime I wanted to take a shower!! :thumbsup2 :) :thumbsup2 :) :thumbsup2 :)

Up until our cruise this past February, my dd was always in our room for sleeping arrangements. There was no way that both my daughter and I along with my dh could get ready comfortably on formal and semi-formal night (especially).

My dh would grab a quick workout before needing to get ready for dinner and would always use the workout room facilities.

It was really nice when he'd do that so that my daughter and I could walk around partially clothed while doing our hair/makeup etc.

I have another one, no matter how hard you pull or what you stick in that little hole in the ceiling, you will not be able to get that bunk down by yourself. :confused3 The room steward will take care of it.
Also before you pull your arm out of the socket. Please read the instructions on the door before you try to open it. It's kind of tricky.
Also, you can request that your table be removed from your veranda. My 3 year old stepped right up on it to get a better look over the edge. After my heart flew out of my chest, I took that little table and stuck it in the hallway. The table looks just like her step stool at home, so I can't blame her.

I can't really contribute anything to this thread yet (our first cruise is in February), but I love reading about all these little tips! Great Idea for a thread!

TIP:
Bring your own candy or snackfood on the Cruise. Its great to have for the Disney Shows every night, Ports, or when watching a movie in the theater.

And its always GREAT to have along tons of ziploc baggies in different sizes. They have so many uses!

I also have found that showering in the ladies locker room in the spa/gym is so easy....they have shampoo/conditioner right in the shower and I go there straight from the adult pool....shower, wash my hair and then get dressed (temporary clothes...not my evening clothes) and go back to the cabin to dry my hair...saves time for me and this way I don't have to rush hubby in the shower.

Another favorite tip....use the "secret" aft stairwell from decks 7, 8 to to right up into Topsiders...very convenient and you miss the buffet line crowds...it is located right after the buffet line (near the doors to the outside eating area in back of Topsiders).

Thought of another one....when you first board you are usually directed by the CM's to go to one or the other places to eat embarkation lunch....you can politely say "no, thanks, I prefer to eat at....depending on which dining area you would like to eat in. We prefer Parrot Cay....but some prefer Topsiders.

Thanks
Love this thread
great for our 1st cruise

mmouse37 said:
Thought of another one....when you first board you are usually directed by the CM's to go to one or the other places to eat embarkation lunch....you can politely say "no, thanks, I prefer to eat at....depending on which dining area you would like to eat in. We prefer Parrot Cay....but some prefer Topsiders.

Great tip -- so your choices are Parrot Cay or the buffet at Topsiders --correct? Just the two, and Parrot Cay is a table service, right?

ColoradoMom!! said:
Great tip -- so your choices are Parrot Cay or the buffet at Topsiders --correct? Just the two, and Parrot Cay is a table service, right?

The only table service provided at PC, during the embarkation lunch, are the drinks. Everything else is serve yourself at the buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter