Great News-We are Cancelling Our Cruise

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
And you are wondering just why that might be so Great. Well, my son has been accepted to the WDW College Program and I am going to need that vacation time and the money to be visiting him this fall while he is down there. Especially since he will be down there during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

I have to say, that I am so excited for him, that I am not the least bit disappointed in cancelling my cruise.

Wow! That would definitely be a mixed blessing. Very exciting for you and your son. Enjoy! Maybe after he completes this program and graduates from college he'll be so successful he can book a cruise for you...say in the Walt or Roy suite?:p

Deb

That's great! My brother did the same program and he still says is was the best time he ever had! Please tell your son good luck!
You'll always be able to take another cruise!;)

I spent a few minutes last year talking with a CM at WDW who was there as part of the college program. She said that one of the most interesting things was that they rotate between different jobs and parks, so she really never got bored with one routine. According to her, they live in Disney housing that is located on WDW property and pretty much had the run of the parks when they weren't working. I got the impression that it was a lot of work and long hours, but she was enjoying it.

I'm sure your son will gain a lot from the experience, and may be able to show you things at WDW that most of us would never get to see.

Congrats to your son!! It must be so exciting--for both or you. Like Kimnicki said, you can always take another cruise. :)

Thanks guys. I am so excited for him I am about to bust wide open. I think this will be an extremely Magical experience for him and only wish I had been afforded the same opportunity when I was younger. Heck, I would do it now if I could. And you are right, I can always take another cruise, where this kind of oportunity doesn't come along very often.

Congrats....that really is wonderful news!!! My DD is applying next year for the WDW College Program!! Hope she makes it as well!!!

Good luck to him!!!

MJ

While we'll miss you on the cruise, that is sure some good news!

Just think of all the wonderful things your son will get to do. And it's so great that you'll be able to visit during the holidays. Definitely worth missing the cruise for that!

Good luck to your son. And enjoy the holidays!

Congratulations to your son. My dd (9) and I were just talking about the college program yesterday. "You mean you can work in Disney World and get PAID for it?" She couldn't believe it. Wow, once she hears you can go to the park she'll be counting the days until she can apply.

Julie

OK, you got my interest. I never heard of this. How COOL! Is there a link with more information on WDW College program? Maybe one day one of my girls would like to do this too! And I would LOVE to come visit ;) .

DJ

How wonderful for your son! I wish I had known about the program way back when.

There is a whole thread about a mom (?) sending her daughter to the college program starting in August. Sound like they will be there the same time! It did say don't expect the kids to have off for holidays. :( Those are the busiest times for WDW!

That thread is very informative & has several links.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=350981

Congrats!! I would hate to cancel a cruise, but this is such an excellent opportunity for your son! I was in the WDW College Program, and it WAS the BEST time of my life! If my dh ever gets injured, or when he retires, then he knows that I want to move to WDW to work there again! ;) Unfortunately, we have to be in NC for his job... :rolleyes:

For those of you wanting more information, try www.wdwcollegeprogram.com . I highly recommend it to anyone, with any major!! It opens doors you could never imagine. Gotta love that pixie dust!!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

That's great. My nephew is there right now for that program and he is loving up. Good luck to your son!!

Patti

WOW!!! Congratulations to your son....And I'm sure you will have a great time visiting him during the holiday's....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter