"Great News for ‘World of Color’ Fans & Guests Who Stay at Disneyland Resort Hotels"

Disney Dreams

Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
"We have some exciting news to share this holiday weekend. Starting tomorrow morning, Sunday, July 4, the Disney California Adventure park gate at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will open at 9:00 a.m. exclusively for Disneyland Resort Hotel guests so they can get in line for Disney’s FASTPASS tickets to each evening’s performances of “World of Color.” The Disneyland Resort hotels include the Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.‬ The main entrance will open, as scheduled, at 9:30 a.m. for all other day guests.

While Park hours may vary, please check disneyland.com for the most up-to-date schedule. The early access for Disneyland Resort Hotel guests at the Disney California Adventure park gate at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will be 30 minutes earlier than the opening listed for main entrance.

This is a great benefit for guests staying at Disneyland Resort Hotels, but guests not staying at the hotels will still have access to Disney’s FASTPASS tickets for “World of Color."

Link to DisneyParks Blog.

Which they've been doing since June 12th, but just now officially announcing it.

We bought the picnic for one our days and now we will use this for seeing it a second time later in the week. If you shell out extra money at their hotels I think its nice to have extra perks. Keep em coming!

Hopefully they will continue to do that because I'm planning a trip in August for a couple of days.

This is wonderful news.
I assume it includes those staying DVC at The Grand?
It basically assures you a short line and a FP to the 9 pm show. I love it!:thumbsup2

This is wonderful news.
I assume it includes those staying DVC at The Grand?
It basically assures you a short line and a FP to the 9 pm show. I love it!:thumbsup2

Yes, you just show your room key to get in the entrance.

There have been sooo many posts about WOC FP and the FP with meals, I can't keep it all straight! While our trip isn't until September 19-22 (hoping and prayinng it will be shown while we're there!), is there a better area to view WOC? What I'm wondering specifically if we should get FPs (we're staying at GC) and get there at a specific time, or should we get the picnic meals, because they have a better viewing area. I'll probably have to wait to see what the Sept schedule/crowds are like to get a more solid answer, but so far, what do you think? Anyone?:confused3

So, if we are staying onsite and use the Grand entrance at 9 (instead of 9:30), is Soarin open at 9?? Was thinking since we are doing WOC dining, we just might go in early to ride Soarin a couple times while the rest of the mob gets FPs... :rolleyes1

So, if we are staying onsite and use the Grand entrance at 9 (instead of 9:30), is Soarin open at 9?? Was thinking since we are doing WOC dining, we just might go in early to ride Soarin a couple times while the rest of the mob gets FPs... :rolleyes1

That's what I was thinking, too ... and then walk with purpose to TSMM!

That's what I was thinking, too ... and then walk with purpose to TSMM!

Last week when we did the 9:30 soft opening, nothing was open. BUT, we were able to go get FPs for Soarin', then we got in line for TSMM that was at the rope right where they're building the new Ariel ride.

On Friday, June 25 the main gate opened at 10am and we were allowed through the GF entrance (staying at DLH) at 9:30. We had already seen WOC and we were the first in line for Soarin' which did open 30 minutes early. We sat front and center for the first ride of the day and then went to the rope drop at Paradise Pier to wait for TSMM to open at 10am.

Last week when we did the 9:30 soft opening, nothing was open. BUT, we were able to go get FPs for Soarin', then we got in line for TSMM that was at the rope right where they're building the new Ariel ride.

On Friday, June 25 the main gate opened at 10am and we were allowed through the GF entrance (staying at DLH) at 9:30. We had already seen WOC and we were the first in line for Soarin' which did open 30 minutes early. We sat front and center for the first ride of the day and then went to the rope drop at Paradise Pier to wait for TSMM to open at 10am.

This is so good to hear! This will be our plan for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter