Great Dollar car rate!! No discount codes either!

loveswdw

DIS Veteran
I just booked a full size car for a weekly rate of $117.97!! This was through the Dollar.com web site with no discounts at all!! Just punched in my info--week, times & car type. This was for the week of Sept. 22 - 30th. WOW!!! See what you guys can do!!:D

Good rate, but you do realize that taxes and surcharges will be added on to that rate, right?

I got a great rate from them too for this coming weekend , a full size car for $109+ taxes , I made the reservation a few months ago, a few days ago they were charging $194 and just two days ago they said all vehicles were sold out at that location and I just checked again and it still shows as sold out. I was very lucky to get this great deal when I did!

I just tried dollar for oct 15-22--a full size car is way over $200--got one from national for 149 for 8 days--oh well, it was worth a try!

Yes, we rented a car through Dollar last year so I am aware of all the taxes & surcharges but I figure that comes with any rental company. We used Alamo the year before & were really burned so our Dollar experience was wonderful in comparision. Never ever again will we rent away from the airport terminal. Its not worth it. Unfortunately we have to pay the airport tax but at least we are saving upfront. But thanks for the warning! A lot of people who use these boards may not be aware of just how much extra you end up paying for your rental car by the time they add on all the extras. We are happy because we paid twice that rate last year!

I would rather pay the airport tax than having to go around with the luggage into a shuttle to go get the car to save a few bucks, personally I don't think it's worth it , you spend an hour just to get there, I like having my rental car counter in the terminal, DH goes to pick up the luggage and I go to pick up the car or viceversa. , I know that taxes are not cheap but I don't think they add up so much , in my case this time they only add up to $70 for the 15 days, we never take insurance because we have our own. If you do have full coverage for your personal vehicles, check with your carrier, most of them cover rental cars.

be sure u ck w/yr credit card co's! several of them offer discounted car rentals as well as insurance coverage when u use their card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter