Grandstand or Paddock with 3 year old?

PoohBW

Earning My Ears
What is pool like in Grandstand area? Is there a good kids area? I know Paddock has a great water slide but not sure it’s ok for 3 year old? Any other factors to consider when making room requests?

Grandstand has a great play/splash area, our G-kids enjoyed it. Paddock has a nice pool/slide and a snack bar, but not great for smaller kids. I would go with Grandstand. You can always go to any pool.

Here is a look at all 3 pools:

Last edited:
Did they get rid of the kids splash area at Paddock? I always thought it was a great place for Young kids

I believe the splash area is still there. I agree it is very nice for kids. So since each area offers a nice kids splash area I wonder if OP would be happier being at the first bus stop?

I believe the splash area is still there. I agree it is very nice for kids. So since each area offers a nice kids splash area I wonder if OP would be happier being at the first bus stop?
We decided to request Grandstand near pool because of first bus stop and I think the pool looks nice for younger kids. I’m sure we will try otherpools too but being first off bus after a long day has a lot of appeal. Thanks for the help!

We decided to request Grandstand near pool because of first bus stop and I think the pool looks nice for younger kids. I’m sure we will try otherpools too but being first off bus after a long day has a lot of appeal. Thanks for the help!

I think you’ll be very happy with this decision. Have a great time!

We're staying in Grandstand now and they're working on the splash area so it's closed. When were you planning to visit? It doesn't look like it will be done in the near future.

We are bringing 3 grandkids for 1st time, and we picked Paddock. I like the separate kids area there, the snack bar, laundry, and it's close enough to the DS walk-over, without costing premium points.

We always request the Grandstand area for the buses alone. First to drop off and first to pick up. :) Plus it is a short walk to the Carriage House. There is also a pool/splash pad for your 3 year old. We have stayed in the Paddock too and prefer the GS. :)

Love the Grandstand. Bus stop being first is a big draw. The pool there was never crowded and it has a little snack bar.

We're staying in Grandstand now and they're working on the splash area so it's closed. When were you planning to visit? It doesn't look like it will be done in the near future.
We are there Nov 5 for a week. Hoping it’s ready by then but if not I’m sure we will find plenty of areas to get wet!

Wow, I had no idea the splash area was such a big project. We were there in July. It sat untouched for over a week, then workers began actively digging the concrete of the splash area while leaving the play equipment in place. I would never had guessed they would still be working on it, none the less in a state to look like it won’t be done anytime soon. Anyone have any idea what the new area will look like?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter