Grand Legacy or Desert Inn & Suites?

batman79

Earning My Ears
Just wondering which is better for 2 people? I've already stayed at Desert like 10 years ago and liked it and planned to stay there again, but the bed comments are scaring me, so i'm thinking about switching to Grand Legacy since the price would still be under $200 a night and the walk under 8 minutes, but the reviews aren't the greatest for this hotel either. I mainly just want a safe place to sleep, not hard bed and a room that's quiet.

Desert Inn has executive rooms. Those beds seem to be slightly more comfortable than the regular ("deluxe") rooms in my experience.

Desert Inn is a little more run down, but a little cheaper and a bit closer to the entrance than Grand. Great for if you have a large family or need suites. I didnt have any problems with their bed when I last stayed 4 years ago.
Grand is a little nicer and newer. Cant go wrong with either but if youre scared about beds being a problem then just go with Grand.

Which room at the grand legacy? The luxury rooms are in the newest building, which is hotel style (indoor corridors). We just stayed recently and had a great sleep! We faced away from harbor Blvd and the room was super quiet too.

Which room at the grand legacy? The luxury rooms are in the newest building, which is hotel style (indoor corridors). We just stayed recently and had a great sleep! We faced away from harbor Blvd and the room was super quiet too.

Still deciding, but was leaning towards either a Deluxe or Premier room. As of now, wasn't considering the Luxury rooms because the criticism I keep seeing have been about the noise coming from the rooftop on the Tower building.

What floor were you on?

We've stayed at both and between the two would pick Desert Inn. I don't remember the beds being a problem. Grand Legacy is not a bad walk, but the closer the better for us. Also our 2 queen room at Grand Legacy was set up so that the sink area was inside the bathroom with the toilet and shower. At the Desert Inn the sink area was separate so it was less frustrating for 4 people trying to get ready for the day or ready for bed. But since you only have 2 people...and are looking at a Deluxe or Premier room...that might not be a factor.

I'm on a budget so those are my two go-to's because we like to be across the street. I feel like Desert Inn's room was slightly nicer than Grand Legacy but we did not have a remodeled room at Grand Legacy (it was lower level in the building closest to the lobby.) But the rooms we stayed in were very similar between the two hotels. 2 queens both times.

We had no noise issues or bed issues at either hotel.

We are staying at DI in about 9 days and GL in June. I still need to pick our October dates to figure out which one we are staying at.

Last edited:
Still deciding, but was leaning towards either a Deluxe or Premier room. As of now, wasn't considering the Luxury rooms because the criticism I keep seeing have been about the noise coming from the rooftop on the Tower building.

What floor were you on?
We were on the 2nd floor. Super quiet! The room we had at desert inn had terrible beds. We felt like we were sinking in the middle.

We were on the 2nd floor. Super quiet! The room we had at desert inn had terrible beds. We felt like we were sinking in the middle.

Yeah, I keep seeing the word taco being used to describe the beds at Desert Inn so I won't be going back there. After a long day at the parks, it would be nice to have some what of a comfy bed.

Because of the price $179 (classic) - $194 (for a room in the Tower) and location, i've pretty much decided on Grand Legacy.

Yeah, I keep seeing the word taco being used to describe the beds at Desert Inn so I won't be going back there. After a long day at the parks, it would be nice to have some what of a comfy bed.

Because of the price $179 (classic) - $194 (for a room in the Tower) and location, i've pretty much decided on Grand Legacy.
We had read the same thing about noise from the 5th in the luxury rooms, but did not experience that. And I believe the 5th closed around 11pm too. Which isn’t too late depending on how long you stay in the parks. We never experienced any issues with the elevators either. When we ate at the 5th, they had a lot of security around so things never got too loud up there and we really appreciated that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter