• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Legacy at the Park

scanmom

DIS Veteran
So, Me, my sister and my daughter (all adults) will be staying here the 1st week of May. I haven't been to DLR in 5 and a half years since my son works at WDW, so we usually go there. Anyway, I don't remember this hotel name. Did is used to be a different name? It looks really nice..we love the rooftop bar! And it looks pretty close (we will not have a car, will be walking). We were originally booked at PPH, but I read a lot of so-so reviews and we switched. Plus we saved $300.00, which was nice! (more Disney snacks).
Does anyone have an opinoion on this place? Or firsthand info? I'd love to know what everyone thinks about it. We can cancel before late April, so if it is a dump I'd like to know! Thanks!!!

I was not a huge fan of this "hotel" when we stayed there back in 2017. It's not bad, it's just a motel. Most of the rooms have a door that faces the outdoors. If you can stay in the actual hotel portion, that would be better. If you are wanting to save money and not spend that much time at the room, it's fine.

Last edited:
You can do better. The price seems really high. I’ve heard a lot of complaints of noise from the rooftop bar.

I’d recommend home2 suites, Hilton garden inn or holiday inn express all on Manchester.

If you’re going pure motel you might as well be closer. Tropicana, best western park place inn, park vue inn (see their private website). Desert inn if you’re desperate and don’t need a pool.

A little further than what I mentioned residence inn convention center, Hilton, Westin, hyatt house. These are all near the convention center.

We stayed at Grand Legacy over Christmas time. The website portrays it a little bit nicer than it is. We were at one of the rooms closer to the lobby. It's nothing fancy, a little dated, but was absolutely fine for us. Our room was clean, beds were comfortable. The bathroom and water pressure were fine. It had a fridge. It's close to the crosswalk for Disneyland. I'm budget-minded so I don't mind motels. We didn't partake in or even hear the rooftop bar.

I booked another stay for Grand Legacy in June. Definitely compare with the other close by hotels if you want to be close because I got Desert Inn & Suites (also has doors on the outside) for a better rate in April. We have also stayed at and liked Desert Inn.

It definitely had a different name several years ago, but I can't remember it off the top of my head. We stayed there in October. It's decent, nothing fancy. The noise from the rooftop never bothered us, but we were towards the back of the hotel. We just styed two weeks ago at Desert Inn right across the street and I would pick Grand Legacy over DI.

It used to be the Ramanda Maingate up until about 2014 when it was demolished. We are staying one night starting on Sunday, so I would be willing to provide some feedback after, but I also know that just one night might not be the best review.

Just to be clear, the hotel was not demolished. They built a new building at the front of the property and then the whole place became the Grand Legacy but the building in the back was not torn down, just remodeled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter