Grand Legacy at the Park - Anyone Stayed There?

Porsche4

Mouseketeer
So considering the Grand Legacy for a ten night stay next year. I want a hotel close to the entrance so we can have an afternoon rest. I also want somewhere with a relatively nice pool as we plan on having a couple of non park days and would like to relax by the pool. I have stayed at the HoJo before but found the walk just a bit too far to have an afternoon break so want something closer than that. Need a quiet location so probably don't want one of the rooms in the new front tower so was wondering if anyone had stayed in the older motel style rooms at the back of the property. Was noise from the rooftop bar a problem? Thanks!!!

We stayed there last year. I would say the walk there is just about the same as the walk to Hojo, only the opposite direction. It's ok for an older hotel. The room definitely need some refreshing in the older part. It was fine for a place to sleep and shower. I don't know that I would choose it for a 10 day stay. The pool is nothing spectacular. Have you looked at the Courtyard Marriott Anaheim Theme Park?

We stayed in the new tower, but had a room facing the pool. It was very quiet. We were on the 2nd floor.

The rooms at the very back of the hotel that run parallel with harbor Blvd are newer. I’d say that building was completed around 2012ish I believe. We stayed in a suite around that time. It was a higher floor and very quiet. But they didn’t have the 5th yet. I don’t think the 5th is open that late, last time I looked. I might be wrong though.

Hope that helps!

We stayed there last year. I would say the walk there is just about the same as the walk to Hojo, only the opposite direction. It's ok for an older hotel. The room definitely need some refreshing in the older part. It was fine for a place to sleep and shower. I don't know that I would choose it for a 10 day stay. The pool is nothing spectacular. Have you looked at the Courtyard Marriott Anaheim Theme Park?
Thanks for your input Tina. I have a couple of other hotels I am considering (the Tropicana & the Best Western Plus Annaheim Inn) which are a lot closer but their pools are not that great. I'll take a look at the Courtyard Marriott and add it to the list. Thanks again.

We stayed in the new tower, but had a room facing the pool. It was very quiet. We were on the 2nd floor.

The rooms at the very back of the hotel that run parallel with harbor Blvd are newer. I’d say that building was completed around 2012ish I believe. We stayed in a suite around that time. It was a higher floor and very quiet. But they didn’t have the 5th yet. I don’t think the 5th is open that late, last time I looked. I might be wrong though.

Hope that helps!
Thanks that helps a lot. When you book online you have the choice of which room so I could opt for one right at the back of the hotel, I think they would be quieter. Thanks again.

Thanks for your input Tina. I have a couple of other hotels I am considering (the Tropicana & the Best Western Plus Annaheim Inn) which are a lot closer but their pools are not that great. I'll take a look at the Courtyard Marriott and add it to the list. Thanks again.
We've stayed at BW Anaheim Plus Inn a few times and loved the hotel. They have excellent customer service. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Once we had an AC issue and they fixed it right away. One year we had a 2 queen/1 king 2 bedroom suite and last summer we had adjoining rooms, which I like better than the suite because you get 2 bathrooms. The pool is nothing to write home about, but my kids had alot of fun in it. The hot breakfast was great, and we ate outside on a balcony overlooking Harbor every morning.

We've stayed at BW Anaheim Plus Inn a few times and loved the hotel. They have excellent customer service. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Once we had an AC issue and they fixed it right away. One year we had a 2 queen/1 king 2 bedroom suite and last summer we had adjoining rooms, which I like better than the suite because you get 2 bathrooms. The pool is nothing to write home about, but my kids had alot of fun in it. The hot breakfast was great, and we ate outside on a balcony overlooking Harbor every morning.
Oh thanks so much for that. Its great to hear what other people have experienced. Yes I think it is a toss up between the BW and Tropicana. The Tropicana's pool looks a little nicer and I do like the tropical theme of their rooms but I also know that Best Western gets great reviews so I guess I will just have to go with what calls to me the most. Thanks again.

Oh thanks so much for that. Its great to hear what other people have experienced. Yes I think it is a toss up between the BW and Tropicana. The Tropicana's pool looks a little nicer and I do like the tropical theme of their rooms but I also know that Best Western gets great reviews so I guess I will just have to go with what calls to me the most. Thanks again.
One thing about Tropicana is that they have some big family suites with kitchens, which might be nice if you're staying for 10 days. I haven't stayed there but I've communicated with the manager, Patricia, about their rooms, etc, and she was always friendly and helpful.

BW is only a 2 minute walk to the Disneyland entrance, which was SO nice. They recently installed a nice cocoa/coffee machine in the main lobby, too :)

Either way you can't go wrong. Have a great trip!

I would pick either of the Best Westerns or Tropicana over Grand Legacy. Ive stayed GL many times but my last stay will be the last time I book it. Rooms have become worn out and mattress need replacing. We were so uncomfortable. The and the one thin blanket were so thread bare and scratchy. I would pick Best Western Park Place as my first choice. The other BW charges a resort fee which just grinds my gears.

We've stayed at the Grand Legacy twice before in 2019 and 2021. We liked it both times and found our room to be spacious, comfortable, and quiet. Perhaps a bit tired looking, but clean. The walk was easy, and I thought the pool was pretty good for an old Harbor motel. It's not spectacular, but not tiny and has a hot tub. I can't say how it compares to the others you are looking at, but if the price was right, I'd stay at Grand Legacy again.

If you care about breakfast, I would find out what the 3 hotels have. When we stayed at Grand Legacy in 2013, before the new buildings and name change. The breakfast was prepackaged pastries; some had expired :sad2: The pool was like an old motel pool, very basic, no shade, no decoration. I know things have probably changed though, since that was 10 years ago. That hotel is the reason my husband refuses to stay offsite at DLR. I know others are probably just fine, but it was our first trip and kind of tainted the Harbor Hotels for him. I have stayed at the Sheraton though for D23 Expo. They remodeled it after covid, and it's pretty nice now.

Never stayed there. But several years ago we were at the Desert Inn and I could hear the loud thumping bass from the music at the Legacy. I'm sure most people wouldn't be bothered but I have misophonia and it was a struggle for me.

Also, the walk from the Legacy isn't as far as the Hojo but there are definitely better options, closer to the parks, IMO.

We've stayed at Grand Legacy twice, once in 2021 & 2022, in the building closest to the hotel lobby. I never even heard the music. They did not have breakfast when we stayed there. It's a basic hotel but we would stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter