• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian vs. Beach Club

Jhondy210

Mouseketeer
I'm planning the entire vacation for my BF and I. Currently, we are booked in a one bedroom at Grand Floridian but I keep questioning whether this is the right hotel for us.

My BF has not been to Disney World since he was a kid and he is really only going on this vacation because he knows it is what I want. So I am stressed about all the details of this vacation because I want him to be as happy as I am on the vacation. I tried asking him about what he wants for a hotel and he says that he doesn't care. The only thing he did tell me is that he wants a hotel that will "wow" him. His parents may come by us for a day or two so he wants them to be impressed too. I don't think it will be hard to impress my BF or his parents because he has never stayed in a nice/fancy hotel.

My BF also likes to swim and wants to spend some time away from the parks and at the hotel. That got me thinking that maybe staying at Beach Club would be a better option (it is still open for the week we are going and I've always wanted to try that hotel). It seems there is more to do at this hotel and the pool seems better. However, we are going in February so swimming could be complicated due to weather.

So, what would you do? Would you keep the Grand Floridian reservation or change it to Beach Club.

You're right -- you can't count on swimming in February, though it's certainly possible. Personally, I would stick with VGF. Mostly, I'm just so excited about trying it out on our trip that I wouldn't even consider giving it up for any other resort! But if you are wanting the wow factor, I do think VGF will win that category. And everything will be so new and shiny. :)

The only way I would think about changing to BCV in your shoes is if you think you would like to walk over to the World Showcase most evenings. That is REALLY nice on an adults-only trip.

Edit: I should add -- you would need park hopping tickets or APs in order to do that, of course.

Which parks are you planning on visiting?

If you are not going to be able to do much swimming, I would not recommend Beach Club. We love the Boardwalk area. Nice restaurants, nightly entertainment, Jellyrools (dueling pianos).

If you want a really nice room & plan on spending a lot of time @ MK, then go for VGF. BWV is worth considering for above options but the room itself is not fancy like VGF. Maybe even a BW view? We don't spend a lot of time in our room so that is not important.

We own at BCV and love staying there, but GF has about 100 times the wow factor of the BC (especially the lobby). The VGF rooms should also still be pretty new, and should be more impressive than BCV.

Just in case you missed it, we own at and love starting at BCV.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

We prefer GF over Beach Club, even though we are DVC members, we still stay at GF every trip, so we are very happy that's it's part of DVC now.

Thanks for the replies. My BF does want the biggest "Wow" factor; so, for now, I think I will keep the VGF reservation and wait to read some of the first trip reports of people staying at VGF in Oct.

Thanks for the replies. My BF does want the biggest "Wow" factor; so, for now, I think I will keep the VGF reservation and wait to read some of the first trip reports of people staying at VGF in Oct.

I toured the VGF models last week and I will tell you without a doubt the 1 bedroom will give you and your significant others the "WOW" factor!!!!

Pictures do not do it justice. It is absolutely amazing and nothing like DVC has every offered in other resorts. They stepped up the appointments in a major way for this resort.
You will be very happy with VGF.

VGF for sure:thumbsup2

We have had rooms at BCV that overlooked the road with noise etc. IMO the worst view at GFV will be the monorail and even that seems pretty cool to me:)

Also, the lobby at the GF as stunning

Wow factor is at the GF for sure. However, walking to EPCOT and HS is a big plus at the BWV resort. As you noted if swimming is on the agenda and weather permits the pool at BCV is great. I suppose you really can't go wrong at either place.

i agree with the others:
VGF
if you think you might want easy EPCOT/DHS access, i would suggest BWV over BCV (less noisy/kids, stunning lobby, activities/options) for an adult trip.

VGF decor definitely has the WOW factor tho :thumbsup2

VGF. Also realize that in Feb, it will only be 4 months old, so it will be in the nicest condition. (Or should be).

That being said, I own at VGF (in part for the wow factor), but BCV is my #1 priority for my next contract, but the pools is one reason, and that is iffy in Feb.

Then again, I would be plenty happy at either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter