• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian Villas Are Amazing

Do you realize the significance of your photo? Yours is the first photo I've seen with one of the two cupolas atop the roof of the VGF building. Did you notice if the second cupola was also atop the roof?

When we were at WDW last week the two cupolas were still be worked on at ground level.

Thanks for posting your photo!

Do you realize the significance of your photo? Yours is the first photo I've seen with one of the two cupolas atop the roof of the VGF building. Did you notice if the second cupola was also atop the roof?

When we were at WDW last week the two cupolas were still be worked on at ground level.

Thanks for posting your photo!

Do you think those are mrerely decorative or will someone (members, private parties) have access to them? It looks like maybe they have a wrap around balcony. I know, probably decorative, but it would be so nice to see the view from there.

Nickspace - thanks for the photo!

Very cool, the rigging lines are still in place on the cupola

Do you think those are mrerely decorative or will someone (members, private parties) have access to them? It looks like maybe they have a wrap around balcony. I know, probably decorative, but it would be so nice to see the view from there.

Nickspace - thanks for the photo!

DVD hasn't released the complete floor plans for the 6th floor so its premature to say VGF guests won't have access to the cupolas. However, I suspect the cupolas are merely decorative and the public will not have direct access to them.

Is there a special time each week that members can see a preview? We will be there in August and would love to see them too! Thanks for posting the picture!

disneyfan246 said:
Is there a special time each week that members can see a preview? We will be there in August and would love to see them too! Thanks for posting the picture!

Supposedly current members can drop by at the top of any hour for a preview. We stopped by unscheduled last week and didn't quite make the top of the hour. We toured with another couple, and we were kind of limited on time by the guide.

And yes, they look awesome. We don't need more points, but we're considering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

Thanks! We plan to visit the Poly for breakfast one day so we can head over for a preview after that. I can't wait to stay there!

My husband has photos of them raising that second cupola from yesterday. Pretty cool! They were doing it yesterday morning and it was finished by the time we left magic kingdom as it started to pour rain.

We toured the models today too...beautiful!

My husband has photos of them raising that second cupola from yesterday. Pretty cool! They were doing it yesterday morning and it was finished by the time we left magic kingdom as it started to pour rain.

We toured the models today too...beautiful!

Can you post the photos, please!!!!!:worship:

I don't know though... everyone's expectation is so high.

How can we already say "it's amazing" when the product is not even finished? I hope this project does not lead to a major disappointment.

How can we already say "it's amazing" when the product is not even finished? I hope this project does not lead to a major disappointment.

I for one just get excited for anything new at Disney. It would take a lot to disappointment. haha

DenLo said:
Can you post the photos, please!!!!!:worship:

I'll ask him to post it tomorrow. It was really cool! Unfortunately it was taken with an iPhone, from the MK, so it's not the best. When we left MK on the monorail and walked from the poly to GF, it was already attached.

I don't think anyone that has seen the models for a DVC then the real resort later have ever been "disappointed". That is the purpose of the model.

The next time we go to Disney will be as DVC staying at VGF (hopefully) in April 2015 - so far away :sad: I am disappointed that I won't get to see them before that! I'm with the pp...As long as they don't change location and decorate it like an hourly motel, I doubt I will be disappointed :lmao:

As I said, it was far away and taken with an iPhone, but here it is.

mtm1w1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter