Grand Floridian Sugarloaf room request...help me decide!

Bean1014

Earning My Ears
We are staying at the Grand Floridian in the Sugarloaf building in April. I can't decide what to request for room! I know we do not want to stay on the 1st floor. I heard the lodge tower rooms do not have the pull out couch, is that true? Also, I have seen a few places that say the dormer rooms are smaller and darker. I also wanted to know if that was true? Any tips, experience or advice is appreciated!! We usually stay at the Poly but got a great pin and decided to try something new. I am sure we will love it but I have no idea what to request!

Just got back from the Grand, did not stay in the Sugarloaf building though. I stayed in a Big Pine Key room, 1st floor. I really liked the 1st floor room.

I have also heard that the dormer rooms are smaller and darker, I requested no dormer room.

The GF is a beautiful resort, make sure to take time to explore and enjoy the resort. I loved listening to the piano player and the 2nd floor band.

I would suggest requesting a marina view room, upper floor. We had that and loved it. We've had both dormer & regular rooms. The balcony on the dormer is much smaller but the ceiling is higher.

Lodge tower rooms do have a daybed, some do not have a balcony though. I do not like dormer rooms, they are smaller and I find them darker and do not like the enclosed balconies either. My personal request if staying in SL looks like this: Lodge tower, no connecting door, quiet location. However, my two priorities are the extra space in lodge tower and a non connecting quiet room. Everything else including the view is secondary for my priorities.

Lodge tower rooms do have a daybed, some do not have a balcony though. I do not like dormer rooms, they are smaller and I find them darker and do not like the enclosed balconies either. My personal request if staying in SL looks like this: Lodge tower, no connecting door, quiet location. However, my two priorities are the extra space in lodge tower and a non connecting quiet room. Everything else including the view is secondary for my priorities.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter