Grand Floridian Review 1/16/18 to 1/21/18

heidijanesmith

DIS Veteran
I just got back from a really nice stay at the GF for a conference. Just a quick review of the positives and minuses I experienced.

Pros:
1-Staff, the CM's at the GF are fantastic. Wonderful service, super polite and professional.
2- Monorail service to MK, it's just one stop away. The security was super easy before entering the monorail.
3-Overall resort theme. I thought it might be too stuffy, but it was just really lovely. It was super cold, so I did not swim, but the pool areas looked very nice. The room was lovely and the grounds were spectacular.
4- Senses spa. I got a wonderful massage at the spa. The spa was gorgeous and staff top notch.
5-Mizners. Really enjoyed the lounge. Lovely food offerings as well, the aranchini was spectacular.
6-Watching the new firework show at MK from the boat doc was lovely.

Cons:
1-The new housekeeping policy implementation. I totally understand the need for security and the new policy. I was feeling ill one afternoon and needed a nap. From 1-3 I had x5 door knocks and 1 phone call. I explained each time that I did not need housekeeping right now as I was not feeling well. The knocks just kept coming. The next time I was in the room relaxing and told the CM that I did not need housekeeping now as I was in the room for a bit. Again, I kept getting more knocks.
I did speak to the manager later that evening and was told that there is a door sign that says "room occupied". I did not have that door sign and was not told that one was supposed to be in the room. I will ask for one next time for sure.
2-Transportation to EPCOT. I took longer than I thought it would. Took about 50min to get to EPCOT from GF. I ended up taking a taxi back to the resort. I cost $15.00 with tip and took less than 10min.

Overall it was a great stay and can see why people like really like this resort.

Thank you for posting this review. We just returned from a stay at the GF ourselves. It IS a beautiful resort.

Like you, there was no "room occupied" tag in our room. I always travel with post it pads, so i wrote my own note to put on the door for the first day and left a note in the room requesting a door tag. We were not bothered when in the room, so no issues there. We didn't experience any difference from when the "Do Not Disturb" signs were in the room, actually. I was relieved.

Did you to monorail over to TTC and then monorail to Epcot? Wondering why it would take so long?

Yep, I took the monorail from GF to TTC and then TTC to EPCOT. Between the waiting at each stop from the GF to the TTC and then waiting for the EPCOT monorail, it just took a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter