• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian Owners

TheJLiz

Earning My Ears
How hard is it to book rooms at the Grand Floridian for owners? Thinking of buying at that ridiculous $207 price!

Unfortunately the addition of all of the new points makes it very hard to predict future booking patterns. W/ the addition of 200+ studios at BPK (VGF2) studio availability should improve dramatically. I always booked right at 11 months & am worried that my beloved 1 br. standard view in early Dec. will be harder to book.

Depends which you'll want--the original VGF1 or the new VGF2 resort studios.

If the latter, may be pretty easy as many current owners on these boards say they dislike the concept.

Should you, like them, prefer VGF1 studios or larger, it's anybody's guess how difficult that will be as sndral suggested.

Unless you really want the famous blue card, resale may be preferable. Prices there are dropping like a Florida afternoon rain.

As mentioned, we won’t know the true impact for quite a bit.

They have declared 101 resort studios already but it will take a bit to sell those points.

So, I think for owners who will book right at 11 months won’t see any major shift until all of those points are sold, outside of potential really busy times.

But, if studios is what you want and don’t care which one, then this will greatly improve your chances as an owner.

In the past, before the addition of the new rooms, studios at VGF, both standard and lake view, filled right at 8 a.m. at 11 months out for any given start date (or even before due to multiple day reservations), for some of the times in the high-demand late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan period, but for other times were usually available at least long enough to easily reserve them as an owner if you booked at 11-months out. Standard view 1BRs also had an 11-month issue at times during the first two weeks of December and time around NYE.

As noted, there could be upcoming changes in patterns as result of the addition of the new rooms. Another factor that could change patterns is the annual point shifts that DVC has done in the last few years, e.g., first two weeks of May are now a low-point season and might develop much higher demand than previously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter