Grand Floridian Map with Bathrooms

SaludosPenguinos

Mouseketeer
Hi! It's my first post here and it's going to be about toilet.
We've booked our next trip to WDW, staying at the Grand Floridan and bringing along a couple of friends.
So we'll be an adult married couple and two close gal friends staying in one room.
I'm contemplating changing our reservations to a moderate and getting two rooms instead because I am concerned about there only being one toilet for four adults, and it appears the toities are not in a separate room from the shower. We're all comfortable staying together, but I really don't want to be a mile from a restroom if someone is in the shower.

Before I do that, I thought I'd look to see if there's a map of public restrooms around the resort...and I can't seem to find one. The maps I've found have designated smoking areas and laundry rooms marked with an icon...but only one restroom at the pool (and of course, the main building). That can't be right, can it? o_O I seem to remember there being one next to the laundry room at the Poly, so maybe that will be the case here.

TIA

Hi! It's my first post here and it's going to be about toilet.
So we'll be an adult married couple and two close gal friends staying in one room.
I'm contemplating changing our reservations to a moderate and getting two rooms instead because I am concerned about there only being one toilet for four adults, and it appears the toities are not in a separate room from the shower.

That would be my very strong recommendation as well.

Maps I've found have designated smoking areas and laundry rooms marked with an icon...but only one restroom at the pool (and of course, the main building). That can't be right, can it?

I'm not GF expert, but I believe that is right.

I'm contemplating changing our reservations to a moderate and getting two rooms instead because I am concerned about there only being one toilet for four adults, and it appears the toities are not in a separate room from the shower. We're all comfortable staying together, but I really don't want to be a mile from a restroom if someone is in the shower.
I can't imagine sharing a bedroom and bathroom with another couple. I recommend getting two different resort rooms, not one. The Grand Floridian isn't worth shoehorning yourselves into, if you can't afford to have your own space there. Stay at a more affordable deluxe or a moderate.

Last edited:

Oh drat. Thanks for the quick replies!
I'm two days out from my 180 mark...I suppose if we change the resorts a week or two from now(still on property) that those reservations would convey.
My partner is a cast member, and there was only one room available for our dates at the grand, so we snagged it because it was among our top choices (Poly, AKL, Contemporary, Bay Lake, Wilderness all had none). I'm going to have to widen my net. I'm sure people do it all the time as the room sleeps 5, but mehhhhhh.
It'll be a short trip (3 nights), but I'm not sure staying at a luxury+ proximity to MK and Trader Sam's trumps proximity to a restroom.

A one bedroom villa at Bay Lake Tower has 2 bathrooms. This way you are all in the same “suite”. And villas have kitchens and living rooms. It is about $100 more a night than a room at the grand. But may be worth it. I don’t know of other villas with 2 bathrooms and one BDR.

AKV Kidani 1 bedrooms also have two bathrooms and worked out really well for us when I went with three other adults.

Bay lake had zero availability (that doesn't mean they don't have plenty of rooms still available, they just aren't available to cast members at this point). I can't remember...I think about 90days out they might release some. Or post some deals at a moderate or value. But waiting for that 90day out mark is tough if you're traveling or want some hard to get ADRs.
Our other option is to go outside cast member bookings. We've still got time...so I'm not there. Yet.

Yay! Thank you.
I just realized the night I had planned on trying to book dinner in MK is a Very Merry party night, so I'm going to have to rework my ADR plans before 6am Thursday. Oh bother. It's nice to know all that hard work won't be for naught if we move resorts.

Oh drat. Thanks for the quick replies!
I'm two days out from my 180 mark...I suppose if we change the resorts a week or two from now(still on property) that those reservations would convey.
My partner is a cast member, and there was only one room available for our dates at the grand, so we snagged it because it was among our top choices (Poly, AKL, Contemporary, Bay Lake, Wilderness all had none). I'm going to have to widen my net. I'm sure people do it all the time as the room sleeps 5, but mehhhhhh.
It'll be a short trip (3 nights), but I'm not sure staying at a luxury+ proximity to MK and Trader Sam's trumps proximity to a restroom.

If you are using F&F, availability will likely be better as you get closer as they seem to usually release more rooms for the discount. You could keep yours and try to add another and just keep checking daily especially around the 30-45 day mark.

Correct, no impact to any ADRs that you make. Really the only magic value of have a Disney resort reservation is that you get 180 day + 10 day window for making ADRs. Once you make your ADRs they will stay regardless of what changes you make to your room reservation(s).

With a Castmember included in your party you should see some additional DVC offers at or near the GF open closer to your actual stay, just keep checking availability.

Dave

Y'all have been so helpful. We're going to sit tight and keep trying for that second room at the GF and make a decision closer to the trip. If we have to go somewhere else, so be it...I'll just have to book it another time. If we don't stay there, I might do some recon to see if there are any secret toilets. I swear I'm not obsessed with water closets...it's just useful info.
Sounds like a few of you have experience with the whole F&F thing...if there's a designated discussion board on here for cast member/ F&F related questions, please point me thata way! I did search, but I keep getting into the weeds. We've only gone to WDW once (last September) and I have a question or two. My husband is the cast member, but I do all the planning. Makes it hard because I can't just shout over the cubicle wall to a coworker when I have a question.

I'll throw in my two cents here (I know it's older) but my husband and I shared a room with another couple while we stayed at AKL for star wars celebration last year. Honestly - I will never share a room with another adult ever again in my life (except my husband). They're great people, but man... the loudest snoring, they both can't sleep without the tv on, need it on all night long, lights on, up and down all night... I would recommend two rooms for sure! And if you're going moderate, POFQ is the smallest and just gorgeous, with a boat ride to Disney Springs! :)

I'll throw in my two cents here (I know it's older) but my husband and I shared a room with another couple while we stayed at AKL for star wars celebration last year. Honestly - I will never share a room with another adult ever again in my life (except my husband). They're great people, but man... the loudest snoring, they both can't sleep without the tv on, need it on all night long, lights on, up and down all night... I would recommend two rooms for sure! And if you're going moderate, POFQ is the smallest and just gorgeous, with a boat ride to Disney Springs! :)

I'm more worried about my husband's snoring and nightime TV watching annoying our guests. Also, for some reason, I'm a light sleeper when I travel and everything wakes me up. We're almost certainly going with two rooms, but waiting until our trip gets closer to book.

If by F&F you mean Friends and Family discount have you seen this thread?

www.disboards.com/threads/friends-and-family-discount.3126248/
Indeed- that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

So- just following up on this. We attempted to add a second room to our GF reservation and an additional room night and were told nothing was available, not even if we try to book as non-cast members. Not just at GF...not anywhere. I am flummoxed. Granted, my husband was trying to sort this while I wasn't home but I'm seriously scratching my head. I will cross-post to the F&F group...I honestly don't know what to do at this point. It seems bonkers to me that there are no rooms anywhere in early November. I wonder if I need to find a travel agent.

So- just following up on this. We attempted to add a second room to our GF reservation and an additional room night and were told nothing was available, not even if we try to book as non-cast members. Not just at GF...not anywhere. I am flummoxed. Granted, my husband was trying to sort this while I wasn't home but I'm seriously scratching my head. I will cross-post to the F&F group...I honestly don't know what to do at this point. It seems bonkers to me that there are no rooms anywhere in early November. I wonder if I need to find a travel agent.
Early November is a very busy time at WDW. Jersey Week, Wine & Dine Half Marathon, End of F&W Festival, Veterans Day holiday. End of Halloween parties and start of Christmas parties.

Early November is a very busy time at WDW. Jersey Week, Wine & Dine Half Marathon, End of F&W Festival, Veterans Day holiday. End of Halloween parties and start of Christmas parties.
It would seem so. I checked crowd calendars and saw that it was moderate the week of the 6th- figuring it would be more crowded the weekend before with Wine and Dine, and the weekend after for the holiday. I had never even heard of Jersey Week until after we picked our dates. I know those calendars aren't an exact science, but sheesh. They may release more rooms as we get closer, but I do not like winging it. Worst thing that happens is 4 adults are jammed into a room at the Grand for 3 nights and I have to change my flights to leave a day earlier, but it's making me so anxious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter