• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian DVC Villa Lobby

gopper

Earning My Ears
Hello! I have an Adult Ladies trip starting next week for race weekend. We are booked in a deluxe studio standard view. I have never stayed at GF before so I am not familar with the layout although I am assuming we will be in the Villas building (close to the spa) I have no idea if it has its own lobby for bell services. We will be taking a ride share from the airport in the morning and hoping to drop off our bags (if our room is not ready) and then go to the race expo. Will we need to do this at the main building or at the Villas building? Thanks for your help!

If it is the original villas building they have their own lobby area with services.
Thanks you! I did online chat with a WDW cast member this morning and she said bell services was only at the main building, so I truly appreciate your response!

I guess some construction in area could be confusing the issue and the new addition of Big Pine Key converting some GFResort rooms to DVC.
What address will you use for ride share?
Please let us know if you get dropped off at correct lobby area.

Last edited:

Thanks you! I did online chat with a WDW cast member this morning and she said bell services was only at the main building, so I truly appreciate your response!

Maybe we should call WDW castmember back to correct.
I wonder if DVC Member Services would be more helpful.

I was just kidding … not meant to be taken seriously.

Last edited:
Maybe we should call that castmember back to let her know.
I wonder if DVC Guest Services has correct information.
It was an online chat, so I doubt I would get ahold of the same person, as soon as the DVC chat goes online I will ask them

Anyone with a VGF room reservation can check-in at either the lobby in the original VGF building (which is close to the Spa) or the main lobby of the GF hotel. The VGF building has check-in and bell service available only between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. (so if you arrive outside those hours you need to check-in at the main GF lobby). As to type of rooms, that original VGF building has studios that are reserved as "Deluxe Studios." The former Big Pine Key building at GF, which was converted to DVC rooms, has the "Resort Studios," and the GF main lobby is closer to it than the VGF lobby.

Last edited:

Anyone with a VGF room reservation can check-in at either the lobby in the original VGF building (which is close to the Spa) or the main lobby of the GF hotel. The VGF building has check-in and bell service available only between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. (so if you arrive outside those hours you need to check-in at the main GF lobby). As to type of rooms, that original VGF building has studios that are reserved as "Deluxe Studios." The former Big Pine Key building at GF, which was converted to DVC rooms, has the "Resort Studios," and the GF main lobby is closer to it than the VGF lobby.
Thank you!!!

Yes but ”adult ladies” arriving from airport via rideshare
Do not want to walk the distance lugging luggage.
Therefore your rideshare will Need to know the address . DVC GFV or GFResort is 2 specific different drop offs . You don’t want to be trying to alert driver as you approach the Grand Floridian and be dropped off with all your suitcases . Especially since they are not familiar with the GF.
That’s why I am taking the time to respond and hope they will post an answer after they have arrived . But definitely need an address for Rideshare GPS So he doesn’t make a mistake.

Therefore your rideshare will Need to know the address . DVC GFV or GFResort is 2 specific different drop offs . You don’t want to be trying to alert driver as you approach the Grand Floridian and be dropped off with all your suitcases . Especially since they are not familiar with the GF.
That’s why I am taking the time to respond and hope they will post an answer after they have arrived . But definitely need an address for Rideshare GPS So he doesn’t make a mistake.

I just was there and even though we did indeed list villas as drop off for the service we used , they had no idea which one until we approached the gate and I had to direct them.

But, the walk from the main drop off to the villas is a pretty easy one if there was a mistake. It’s a nice covered walkway too!

This is very helpful information, thank you!

Yes, I agree! I put the address in my phone so I can tell our driver

Massive flight delays / cancellations will create travel problems (weather & staff shortages ) thru the New Years
Keep checking your flight especially if flying SW …

If that is truly the case, then that's a change from how it has always been. But anything's possible these days. We were last there in August and it was "normal." We staying in Club Level last week so didn't get a chance to test out the Villas building in December. We will be back at the Villas in March, so good to know there could be a change to protocol. Interesting as that would be a lot of "lugging" back and forth for bell staff as the villas building is pretty big :)

We are also having groceries delivered, we were instructed to address them to The Villas, so I am assuming they will be kept at Bell Services in the Villas building

Lyft has its own stop at the DVC building. It's called VILLAS at the GF. You want to go to that. It's not the end of the world if you get dropped at the main lobby, but it's easier at the DVC stop.

I truly appreciate all the responses I received before my trip, making for a smooth arrival at GFV. The address we used for our RS driver was 4401 Floridian Way, but everyone still has to stop at the guard shack. we told the CM we were going to the DVC villas and he directed us to turn right and our driver was able to drop us off directly in front of the DVC Villas where bell services is out front. We went into the lobby to check in, our room wasn't ready so we dropped our bags off at bell services, left a tip and then walked over to the conference center to catch the bus to the race expo. Our groceries were also delivered to Bell Services at the DVC villas. We were able to have it all delivered to our room when it was ready (and of course tipped the CM). It would not have been a tragedy if we had been dropped off at the main resort and walked over to the DVC villas with our luggage, but being dropped off at the villas directly probably saved us 30 minutes or so, and you know when you are on a Disney vacation you are excited to start the fun as soon as possible!

I truly appreciate all the responses I received before my trip, making for a smooth arrival at GFV. The address we used for our RS driver was 4401 Floridian Way, but everyone still has to stop at the guard shack. we told the CM we were going to the DVC villas and he directed us to turn right and our driver was able to drop us off directly in front of the DVC Villas where bell services is out front. We went into the lobby to check in, our room wasn't ready so we dropped our bags off at bell services, left a tip and then walked over to the conference center to catch the bus to the race expo. Our groceries were also delivered to Bell Services at the DVC villas. We were able to have it all delivered to our room when it was ready (and of course tipped the CM). It would not have been a tragedy if we had been dropped off at the main resort and walked over to the DVC villas with our luggage, but being dropped off at the villas directly probably saved us 30 minutes or so, and you know when you are on a Disney vacation you are excited to start the fun as soon as possible!
Great to see your arrival went smoothly! Which grocery delivery service did you use? Did you provide them the 4401 Floridan Way address? or any other additional instructions for DVC Villa lobby delivery? TIA:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter