Grand Floridian Cafe

tguz

DIS Veteran
We have not been to the Grand Floridian Cafe before and have a couple questions. We will be there for a 12:45 lunch reservation in July for a special occasion. Is the restaurant typically jam packed for lunch? Are there any kind of out of the way tables that can be requested? Thanks.

We actually had a 12:45pm reservation on our arrival day on our last trip! It was a Tuesday and it was absolutely packed. No tables were available for walk-ins, and our group of 4 was led directly to the table reserved for us. We were taken back right on time. I've only been there once but we walked through a long room and were seated in a circular room, right by the windows. I suggest a frozen cappuccino and the Eggs Benedict Flight!

I think it depends on any given day how busy they are. Maybe call a day in advance and request a certain area?

We actually had a 12:45pm reservation on our arrival day on our last trip! It was a Tuesday and it was absolutely packed. No tables were available for walk-ins, and our group of 4 was led directly to the table reserved for us. We were taken back right on time. I've only been there once but we walked through a long room and were seated in a circular room, right by the windows. I suggest a frozen cappuccino and the Eggs Benedict Flight!

I think it depends on any given day how busy they are. Maybe call a day in advance and request a certain area?
Thanks! I'll have to find the layout and make a request. We haven't ever eaten lunch at a resort so I wasn't sure if they would be as busy then as they are for dinner.

It depends on the day. I've been there right around the time of your reservation and the place was relatively empty. It's a beautiful restaurant and we make sure to eat there at least once a trip. Enjoy!

It depends on the day. I've been there right around the time of your reservation and the place was relatively empty. It's a beautiful restaurant and we make sure to eat there at least once a trip. Enjoy!
I'm hoping it's kind of empty. The pics I have looked at are beautiful. It is going to be special.

We had a 12:00 ADR yesterday (Friday) and I would say it was about 75% full. Beautiful place- great Brunch options too!

One of my favorite places to eat! I felt like breakfast was more crowded than lunch or dinner when I've been in the past. Either way, I feel it's a relaxing place to dine and the food is great!

The only time I've seen it not packed was at an early breakfast (before 8am). Dinner has always resulted in a wait and later breakfast/lunch has been crammed with people.

It's a nice place for a meal but definitely not a hidden, out of the way quiet spot. There are some great resort restaurants that are very quiet at lunch, though, if that's important to you - might be worth switching to someplace else.

It's a beautiful restaurant and the food was outstanding. One of our best meals on our last trip. You don't say what kind of occasion, but I would recommend calling Disney Dining, explaining the situation to them and have the note your ADR. They can't make any promises but advance information is always helpful.

The only time I've seen it not packed was at an early breakfast (before 8am). Dinner has always resulted in a wait and later breakfast/lunch has been crammed with people.

It's a nice place for a meal but definitely not a hidden, out of the way quiet spot. There are some great resort restaurants that are very quiet at lunch, though, if that's important to you - might be worth switching to someplace else.
I am ordering the Cinderella Glass Slipper dessert and through my research, it seems that it is only available at certain limited locations and we like the Victorian style of the Grand Floridian Cafe over the restaurants at the Contemporary. It's ok if it is crowded, I'd just prefer someplace a little less crowded or noisy. If I am missing something on where also I can get that dessert please let me know. We usually just do QS so the sit down restaurants are a little new to us.

It's a beautiful restaurant and the food was outstanding. One of our best meals on our last trip. You don't say what kind of occasion, but I would recommend calling Disney Dining, explaining the situation to them and have the note your ADR. They can't make any promises but advance information is always helpful.
Thanks! I think I will do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter