Grand Floridan Sales...... Just wondering

mommary

DIS Veteran
MY DH and I just returned from a fabulous trip at VWL.

While there we got a call about an open house for vacation club members during certain hours and days at Saratoga Springs to see the villas at GF.

I asked if they would be supplying transportation and the young lady said no and make suggestions about how to get to Saratoga Springs.

Am I out of line thiniking Disney should have supplied transportation?
I had to get to SSR last year to get a new membership card and it was a hassle! I'm not elderly but I'm no kid either.

As a vacation club member with ownership at two resorts and quite a few points.... I kind of thought about buying at Grand Floridian and had they taken me there they could have made a sale, even if it was a small contract.

Anyway, not complaining just wondering what you all thought.

thanks

...As a vacation club member with ownership at two resorts...

eh, you're an owner now, not so much a sales prospect. i think you were optimistic to expect personally provided transportation. (especially when it's pretty easy to get there with "public" transportation.)

just my opinion.

It was not unreasonable to suggest they should have offered and provided transportation seeing as how they are currently only offering sales to CURRENT DVC members only.

That's ridiculous! If they are reaching out to you to entice you to come to a sales pitch, then I don't think it is too much to expect transportation; especially if you not a guest at SSR. It would cost them next to nothing and every looker is a potential sale, and that includes current members. In fact, perhaps current members are even more likely to buy if they come to the sales center and look.

It's not that easy to get to SSR without a car. If they call me when I'm there next month, I'll ask the same thing you did. If they can't figure out a way to get me there to try to make a sale, then they shouldn't bother bugging me while I'm on vacation!

Yes they should have offered a ride. They called you to offer to see the models. Saratoga form WL would have been two different transportation or DDT and a long walk to the models. I would say that would take at least 1 1/2 hours each way. If you are lucky.

Based on my experience talking with the schedulers last week and touring the model, I think there is a difference between the current members tour (kind of thought of as people just interested in seeing the villas but not seriously considering buying - you don't meet with a guide) and a scheduled tour with a meeting with a guide afterwards to talk about purchasing. I think they'd give you a ride to the latter, not the prior. I know when we toured as current members without a meeting with a guide scheduled we had limited time touring the model.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

I took a "member tour" a couple weeks ago...June 4th to be exact. I set it up through the DVC ASA's at the DD location. They came and picked us up and took us back afterwards. I think the main difference between an Open House event versus a scheduled viewing is the transportation availability. The guide we met with that gave us the tour was very relaxed in his approach and did not have to perform his normal 'sales pitch' like he would for new prospects. After the tour was over he just simply asked if we were even interested in adding on at some point or not. I told him I wanted to hear the offer so he took us into the normal rooms where they discuss pricing. No pressure at all and we walked away without buying THAT day...but we did add on last week!!! Woo Hoo, and I a thrilled to have a small number of points at this wonderful resort.

So in my opinion BIG difference between Open House for members or actually scheduling a tour...hope that helps Audi wish you the best!

While there we got a call about an open house for vacation club members during certain hours and days at Saratoga Springs to see the villas at GF.

I asked if they would be supplying transportation and the young lady said no and make suggestions about how to get to Saratoga Springs.

I had to get to SSR last year to get a new membership card and it was a hassle! I'm not elderly but I'm no kid either.

As a vacation club member with ownership at two resorts and quite a few points.... I kind of thought about buying at Grand Floridian and had they taken me there they could have made a sale, even if it was a small contract.

thanks

I see your point but giving rides to owners who want to look at the new resort model costs money, Disney wants to make money not spend it. If you were seriously considering a purchase, you should have contacted your Guide.

:earsboy: Bill

thanks

As people have said if you schedule a tour with your guide they offer a ride if you just want to see the models (and the main thing they were doing was letting you know the availability of that) then they expect you to just come by on the bus after you visit a theme park in the morning or something like that. We did the open house tour and then wanted to sit with our guide - we had to go to the outside kiosk to set up a tour with our guide. They did offer transportation for that tour (we declined as we were staying at SSR).

DVC doesn't have the infrastructure to shuttle owners to-and-from the model rooms. Counting the lockoffs separately, there are nearly 5000 DVC villas at Walt Disney World now. The model villa "open house" was available to all. DVC has a few vans which are used to shuttle guests from the parks and resorts to the Preview Center, but those operations cannot be shut down to accommodate members. Nor are there enough vans to provide adequate service to-and-from 7 different DVC destinations.

Disney has rather dynamic transportation network and SSR is one of the easier resorts to reach from all points in the World (bus from any theme park to SSR, bus from resort to Downtown Disney.)

Interested buyers can schedule viewings through their Guide and receive more direct transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter