Grand Cayman Dolphin Extreme Swim

ranidayz

DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian
Could someone who has gone on this recently please tell me the costs for the pictures and the videos? It is going to be near impossible not to get some of these for souvenirs.

thanks,
ranidayz

We were there in February. If I remember right, it was $25.00 for (1) 5x7 photo, or they will give you a price for the CD based on the # of people in your family. They do a fair amount of shots for each participant. I think we ended up paying $150.00 for the CD with approx. 85 photos between all of us. We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids).

FYI... most of the other souveniers are are your typical gift shop souveniers... t-shirts, picture framies, stuffed animals, etc...

This was honestly not my favorite excursion. IMHO it ended up being a basic photo op with a dolphin. I felt we were rushed beginning to end... your turn to pose for a pic, and onto the next...A lot of money for a photo op experience.

We were there in February. If I remember right, it was $25.00 for (1) 5x7 photo, or they will give you a price for the CD based on the # of people in your family. They do a fair amount of shots for each participant. I think we ended up paying $150.00 for the CD with approx. 85 photos between all of us. We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids).

FYI... most of the other souveniers are are your typical gift shop souveniers... t-shirts, picture framies, stuffed animals, etc...

This was honestly not my favorite excursion. IMHO it ended up being a basic photo op with a dolphin. I felt we were rushed beginning to end... your turn to pose for a pic, and onto the next...A lot of money for a photo op experience.

I will have to say I have done the Dolphin Swim in GC and in way you are right it is a photo op, but so is most things we do on vacation. It was still extremly fun to be in the water with the dolphin and get to ride them also. It is not something you just do everyday, and most people want the photos of proof they do it.

They do allow you to bring your own waterproof camera.

We had a great time doing this and I was pleasantly surprised that I could bring my camera in the water with me (many places do not allow it). I have a Kodak Playsport so took videos of all of us with the dolphins, then did a capture of a still once we got home to use in our photo book.

I was VERY glad I had my own camera as the excursion was way overbooked (not by Disney but the actual place) and we didn't have our reserved timeslot, and had to wait for several hours. So long in fact, that there was NO time to see the photos/videos that they took as we had to rush back to the tender where they were holding the ship for us!

So, while I'm sure their photos are great, I would bring your own as well so you can make a decision on what you want to get.

We just did this excursion last week. The pictures cost $25 per print or you could buy a CD that cost us $159 for our CD with 4 people. The CD price varies on the number of people in your party. Our CD had 283 photos on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter