Grand Cayman beach excursions

billndebbie

Earning My Ears
Our DCL cruise isnt offering any 7 mile beach excursions for our Dec cruise. does anyone have any advice on how to get there or recommend any non-DCL reputable shore excursion companies. honestly, we are thinking of just 'winging it'.

Our DCL cruise isnt offering any 7 mile beach excursions for our Dec cruise. does anyone have any advice on how to get there or recommend any non-DCL reputable shore excursion companies. honestly, we are thinking of just 'winging it'.
Taxis are plentiful and convenient. As well as the "buses" (really a van).

Don't neex an excursion for GC. We took a shared ride cab (4$/pp) and went to Royal Palm. 2$/pp to get in then 10$-15$ for loungers and umbrellas rental. Great beach, good food. Loved it.

How long was taxi ride :)

We just did Royal Palms about a month ago. Cab ride is maybe 10 minute tops. A bunch of people in the Cab/Van we were in were heading to the Westin. You can get a day pass for the Westin. We loved Royal Palms but the beach was packed with folks from the MSC cruise ship that was in port as well.

We just did Royal Palms about a month ago. Cab ride is maybe 10 minute tops. A bunch of people in the Cab/Van we were in were heading to the Westin. You can get a day pass for the Westin. We loved Royal Palms but the beach was packed with folks from the MSC cruise ship that was in port as well.

We were lucky to be the only ship in port that day.

We rented a beach cabana (125$) which was a tent (great shade), with a table, 4 chairs and four loungers. It was in a secluded section. A server would come and take our order.

Because we ordered food (I think) I noticed a rebate of 25$ off the price of our cabana at the end of the day.

We did Royal Palms as well a few weeks ago. We decided to go there since other folks on the bus were going there as well.

Waiting for a taxi was taking too long so I just hopped onto van (which happened to be a bus) that had enough room for me, my wife, DD5, and DS3. It was $2.50 a person.

We arrived at Royal Palms at around 12:30. The kids had no admission fee. We were able to get 1 lounger on the beach, which was really a place to store all of our stuff while we were in the water.

They have changing rooms/bathrooms at the facility.

On the way back to port they have waiting taxis to load you in, and that was $4 a person.

When we head out on our next cruise next year we plan on doing the same thing. The only difference is we will try to get off the boat earlier, and not have reservations at 3 on the boat so we can enjoy the beach longer.

Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter