Grand Californian w/ Kids

KTShorty

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am new here and a bit overwhelmed; I searched for the answer to my question but didn't find it. I hope I am posting this in the right place!

We are planning a trip in September (super value season) and I called to find out the deal re: rooms & suites. I was told that they can't guarantee adjoining rooms, and a suite was suggested. Apparently discounts/packages don't apply to suites and it's $1,000 a night for a one-bedroom suite, not including admission to the parks. I think I'd rather stay at the Four Seasons and have a car take me to & from for that kind of $. ;) She said we can buy a package for admission, meals & perks in addition to the suite.

We definitely need two bedrooms and with the 40% off the room deal, we can get two rooms for much less. But we also can't be anywhere but next door (preferably connected) to our small kids...

Does anyone know the likelihood that they would not honor our request for adjoining rooms? Is there some deal on a suite that I don't know about? Or is there a best place/company to book two rooms at the Grand Californian for a family of five?

THANKS!!!

I can't really answer your question but you might want to try posting this question in the main dinseyland board instead of the community board. You'll get a much bigger response.

Unfortunately, I've never stayed at the GCH (*sigh*) but i remember someone recently asking something similar and I believe that there were several people who said that they will try their best to give 2 connecting rooms - especially when you explain your situation with 2 small kids. I'm sure they won't guarantee it because you just never know what may come up but i think chances are they should be able to accomdate you. Sorry that isn't more helpful but I'm sure if you re-post in the main DL section that you will get several responses. :)

I agree with PP there are better places to post than this thread.

As far as requests disney doesn't gaurantee any room request which is probably why you got that answer and an alternative solution.

They will try though.

I saw a thread about WDW room requests and a couple posters said that at worst, with a few or several rooms they were at least on the same level of the same building. It was about 50-50 in the replies of people that got their requests. Of course some requests are being near the main lobby or pool, things of that nature. Not we have kids and want adjacent rooms.

Just remember this is not like asking for seats on a plane. The plane is empty when everyone gets on the hotel has rooms opening up at random as people end their stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter