Grand Californian Pool Cabana Question?

poptart90

DIS Veteran
Ok, so the last time we stayed at the GCH three years ago, my in-laws shared with us the price they paid for a private cabana at the pool- $100 all day.
DH just called to see what the cost is now...😳!!

Half day $319 (four hours!!)
Full day $369

I think I’ve been smuggled🤔

Has ANYONE paid this recently? We’re the food and drinks free? Uh, help me understand this??

Triple the costs Disney does:yoda:

Ok, so the last time we stayed at the GCH three years ago, my in-laws shared with us the price they paid for a private cabana at the pool- $100 all day.
DH just called to see what the cost is now...😳!!

Half day $319 (four hours!!)
Full day $369

I think I’ve been smuggled🤔

Has ANYONE paid this recently? We’re the food and drinks free? Uh, help me understand this??

Triple the costs Disney does:yoda:
I think your in-laws may have down played the price they paid. We have done it many times, and 3 years ago, we paid $180 for a half day, and $265 for a full day.

Food and drinks are not included. There usually is a fruit plate provided with waters.

We had one for a half day 4 years ago and it was $165 not including food and beverage. It did include 6 bottled waters and a fruit platter. It has definitely jumped in price especially for a half day. The Full day has gone up to $397 including tax. The half day was quoted to me as $317 including tax. We decided on the full day as the difference is only $80. My mom pays half and we pay half, so it Is more doable for us.

Your in-laws might just recall incorrectly (or don’t want you to know how expensive), but I doubt it was only $100.
Cabanas are larger than 3 years ago, there are 3 cabanas where there were 4 previously (and 3 more near the Fountain pool)

I paid $350 for a full day in June 2018.

Some cabana details:
  • A fruit tray and a few bottled waters are included, but other food and drinks are extra.
  • A server is dedicated to the 6 cabanas
  • Capacity is 8 guests inside the cabana
  • Outside the cabana is a patio table with 5 chairs and 2 loungers and 2 umbrellas
  • There is a small fridge and a TV

I paid $350 for a full day in June 2018.

Some cabana details:
  • A fruit tray and a few bottled waters are included, but other food and drinks are extra.
  • A server is dedicated to the 6 cabanas
  • Capacity is 8 guests inside the cabana
  • Outside the cabana is a patio table with 5 chairs and 2 loungers and 2 umbrellas
  • There is a small fridge and a TV
Also, there is a cabana host, who will come around, pick up towels for you, bring you fresh towels, see if you need anything, bring swim diapers or swim vests as needed,, etc... It is customary to tip them.

And I've rented almost every time we've been there (big family, hard to find shady chairs when we want a break) and I LOVE them! Food and drinks are extra off the menu at White Water Snacks, but we still always have to get nachos. We did luck out last year, we rented one on Fourth of July and they had a cookout/BBQ for everyone in the pool area and it was all included!!! Best deal that day to feed our family of 6 lunch!

That being said, even on Fourth of July last year, it was $249 instead of $180, so apparently it's gone up even more!! Do you think they change it based on occupancy? Seems like DL has been a ghost town so I'm surprised it's so much higher now.

Wow! Thank you to everyone who shared about the Cabanas!! We’ve never had one before (and won’t do it this time cause this is a bounce-back trip to enjoy the empty parks in the morning! Yay!) but they sound amazing and if we were traveling with more family and could share, I could definitely see where the shade and private relaxing area would be sooooo nice!😁

Saving these details for later!!👍

I don't get why people are so shocked.

A cabana at almost any hotel in Vegas will run you $300, but usually over $500.

Any Cabana at a Hawaiian or tropical resort has very similar pricing.

I don't know many places worth visiting with cabanas $100 or less...
I think because most people don't know about renting cabanas, until they read about it here. When we do a cabana, it is a day off from the parks, it is a leisurely day, and for me, a great way to relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter