Grand Californian Pause

tweetykl

Mouseketeer
Grand Californian reservations have been paused for a week. Member services are not doing anything. They said just wait until it is unpaused to make a reservation. Personally, I need to alter a reservation and I’m coming up on my 11 month window. Their response, “it’s and even playing field when it reopens”. They are only going to post on their website to say it reopens. So, unless I check constantly, it’s not an even playing field. What happened here?

I am frustrated as well. Allegedly the other day there was a bunch of availability that showed up that wasn't really there. They paused it after a bunch of people booked but haven't really said anything else on the matter. They always suck at communication.

I am frustrated as well. Allegedly the other day there was a bunch of availability that showed up that wasn't really there. They paused it after a bunch of people booked but haven't really said anything else on the matter. They always suck at communication.
I think they don't want to admit they screwed up. April 1 availability opened up for the whole resort for all dates. Some of us were able to book before they locked things down. I asked on chat and the CM said that the reservations should be ok.....I'm guessing they aren't.

I think they don't want to admit they screwed up. April 1 availability opened up for the whole resort for all dates. Some of us were able to book before they locked things down. I asked on chat and the CM said that the reservations should be ok.....I'm guessing they aren't.
I’m guessing they aren’t also. They need to figure it out.

Issue started last week. Major glitch that led to a lot of new bookings for rooms not really available. There are some posts in the VGC thread. Starts a couple posts down on page 218.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...nian-owners-lovers-group-2-0.2592085/page-218
As someone with 2 upcoming reservations (July and November) booked at 11 months out, I will be very unhappy if cancelled because of last week's glitch.

Are any of you waiting to book something new? I see a few dates open, grayed-out continue button notwithstanding...

I am not as I have the reservations that I want for the moment. But depending on tickets, I may want to drop a day on the beginning of my July reservation and not have to call and be on hold forever.

I am not as I have the reservations that I want for the moment. But depending on tickets, I may want to drop a day on the beginning of my July reservation and not have to call and be on hold forever.
I'm sure they'll open them back up soon to drop off a day. I was just thinking of the folks that were waiting to book new.

I'm sure they'll open them back up soon to drop off a day. I was just thinking of the folks that were waiting to book new.

Yeah - I definitely feel for those that want to book a new reservation. I would be worried if I was coming up to my booking window. I should probably get AKV booked for next March though. LOL.

If people rightfully booked within the proper window, their reservation should stand, if they didnt, it shouldnt. Its a lot of mess to untangle, but its pretty cut and dry.

If people rightfully booked within the proper window, their reservation should stand, if they didnt, it shouldnt. Its a lot of mess to untangle, but its pretty cut and dry.
It would also take some other rearranging because some people modified/dropped reservations that they had previously made to instead grab the new inventory. That works fine if they dropped other VGC reservations (VGC could essentially be reset) but if they dropped something from another resort those could have been picked up by others.

It would also take some other rearranging because some people modified/dropped reservations that they had previously made to instead grab the new inventory. That works fine if they dropped other VGC reservations (VGC could essentially be reset) but if they dropped something from another resort those could have been picked up by others.

Not really as they knew they werent entitled to book.

It sounds like it may have happened. I wonder how they are going to solve that. I wish I could at least drop part of my reservation to help make room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter