• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Californian Club Level: need details please:)

I know I want to stay at the GCH next time: looking at the Club Level service. Is it worth it, were all the extra's really "extra's". I know there is a "Super Thread" for GCH: but I don't really want to sift through 200+ screens of info. There is 5 in our party: WHY don't we get this option when we book the 2 bedroom suites?? Love to hear your experiences, ideas, pro's/con's.

While it was amazing, I don't think it was worth the expense, no. I did like the lounge, being able to get snacks and drinks most anytime during the day. Nice to relax in, too. But the cost was too much for the extras, IMO.

Short answer is it depends. Just like asking if it is worth staying at the GCH over the DLH. For us it is always worth it, not just taking into account what is offered in the club but also the convenience of having snacks, drinks, movies, board games, etc.. available pretty much throughout the whole day.

I know, it's like asking to pick which is your favorite kid:) I like that answer: I think with the soda and snacks alone; would be helpful. Is the fireworks viewing good? They state the music is pumped into the lounge.

I had club level at PPH, so not exactly the same. Since we were in the park all day, we couldn't really take advantage of it, except getting some snacks and drinks in the morning for the day, and a basic breakfast.

I don't consider that worth the cost.

However, if you are not planning on spending the majority of the day at the parks, and can see some value to the perks, then I can understand going for it.

I think it really depends on how long you are staying. Because when my family stays a long period of time, we go to the pool and spend more time at the hotel whereas if were only there for our normal 3 days then we spend ALL of our time in the parks. It would be helpful to have the extras if you're going to be spending a week or more there, then you don't feel like you need to squeeze every ounce of Disney out of the parks and therefore spend more time relaxing at the hotel.

The snacks in the lounge are quite good, but take note of the hours between services (when only coffee and sodas are available).

craftmans_club.jpg

...WHY don't we get this option when we book the 2 bedroom suites??
It is an odd policy, but there are many reports that club level can only be added to suites while checking in (on a space available basis). You could try calling GCH directly (assuming you booked online) to try and add club level in advance.
...Is the fireworks viewing good? They state the music is pumped into the lounge.
The lights in the lounge are dimmed and the soundtrack plays, but the view is not very good. It is nice to stop by the lounge after WOC (often during fireworks) to grab desserts.

The snacks in the lounge are quite good, but take note of the hours between services (when only coffee and sodas are available).

View attachment 217011

It is an odd policy, but there are many reports that club level can only be added to suites while checking in (on a space available basis). You could try calling GCH directly (assuming you booked online) to try and add club level in advance.

Confirmed, we were able to add club level services to our 2 bedroom suite last year and we are doing the same this year. I called to make a reservation and asked them to add club level services to our reservation.

The lights in the lounge are dimmed and the soundtrack plays, but the view is not very good. It is nice to stop by the lounge after WOC (often during fireworks) to grab desserts.

As for the club level services on 2 bedrooms...
Confirmed, we were able to add club level services to our 2 bedroom suite last year and we are doing the same this year. I called to make a reservation and asked them to add club level services to our reservation.

We love it. Is it "worth it"? maybe, depends on what you're after. If you're after getting the most for your money no. You could bring your own breakfast snacks/afternoon snacks/cookies/sodas/beer/wine and eat in your room and save $$$. If you're after relaxation, extra space and hot appetizers in the evening there is a lot more value to be found here. We're a fam of 5 and are practically on top of each other in those small GCH rooms (but we LOVE the location of GCH) so escaping to the lounge is great for that extra space. Having somebody else buy, prepare, and clean up the food gives a nice break to parents and brings some relaxation to our Disneyland trips. The champagne also helps the relaxation aspect ;)

It also depends on how you plan to use the lounge. Does your touring style match with being able to participate in the food service hours posted above? We use it for continental breakfast (love the Nespresso machine!!) always, afternoon tea sometimes, evening appetizers & drinks always. We make dessert once or twice a trip but we're usually in the parks. The appetizers mean we have light dinners, so that drops the dinner budget substantially for 5 people. (The 3 kids are adults now so all 5 of us have healthy appetites- and 4 of us drink alcohol and that gets expensive in the parks!) Oh- if you have young kids they had (at least last time we were there) story time right before the fireworks and it looked like a nice way to wind little ones down.

GCH CL is most definitely a splurge. Whether it will be worth it to your crew I don't know but I would err on the side of yes it's worth it (because you have 5 people) as long as you'll be around the hotel to utilize it.

At an additional $250 for Concierge I figured the 5 of us would have to eat and drink $50/day worth of stuff to break even. Expensive but a nice experience. We liked being able to grab hot cocoa and snacks and bring them back to our room at the end of the day.Cheese,meat, and fruit slices in the morning.Toaster to toast bagel halves with orange marmalade and strawberry jam. They change things up like offering different types of cheese different days.They had Blue Moon cheese that I never heard of that was delicious.I don`t drink, but my daughter does and they changed up the beer and wine types. The view of the fireworks is looking over the roof tops and kinda far away. It was real convienient for us since our rooms were around the corner from the elevator and so close to the lounge. The kids loved it.You can grab cans of soda to go , and those little juice boxes of punch.They used to have little bottles water for the taking but stopped after it was abused by people taking dozens at a time.

Last edited:
First picture is the view from the balcony of the lounge. You can see the tip of the Matterhorn, about where the fireworks will be. Off to the right where the sky meets the edge of the building you can see the top of SpaceMountain. Other pictures are with my youngest Grandaughter for breakfast on the balcony ,the view of one of our rooms with both Grandaughters and view from our room looking back at the loungeDSC00017a.jpg DSC00018a.jpg DSC00024a.jpg DSC00022a.jpg IMG_3753a.jpg

I know, it's like asking to pick which is your favorite kid:) I like that answer: I think with the soda and snacks alone; would be helpful. Is the fireworks viewing good? They state the music is pumped into the lounge.
No, the fireworks viewing is not good. We saw the top half of the Disneyland fireworks & they do pipe in the music & you are not fighting large crowds. But you only get the top half of the show.

Currently, it is about $350 a night to add Club services to a standard room at the Grand. (It is $250 a night at the DLH, and $150 at the PPH now.) Is it worth it? Personally, that is a lot of money that could be spent elsewhere. Yes, it is nice, but I just can't see it. Yes, I have stayed Club level in all 3 hotels, and I do like it. But if I am spending the money, I'd rather spend it in the parks.

During Spring Dapper Days the difference was about $250 at GCH . Fall 2014 Dapper Days the difference was about $200. The kids liked it so much that I decided to go with it again last year. GCH Concierge rooms were $479 before taxes.

Last edited:
Sometimes you can fine deals, like Dapper Days. Did you feel it was worth the difference?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 6.53.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 6.53.29 AM.png
    205 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 6.53.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 6.53.43 AM.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 33
Currently, it is about $350 a night to add Club services to a standard room at the Grand. (It is $250 a night at the DLH, and $150 at the PPH now.) Is it worth it? Personally, that is a lot of money that could be spent elsewhere. Yes, it is nice, but I just can't see it. Yes, I have stayed Club level in all 3 hotels, and I do like it. But if I am spending the money, I'd rather spend it in the parks.
Woah- I think that price went up from last time I stayed!

I will not pay $800/night just for myself. For Fall Dapper Days 2014 the Club level was I think $429 plus tax .At that price I wanted to try it for my Daughter and Grandkids. I got a Standard room for myself but they put me on the 6th floor next to their room.They all loved it.Last year for Spring Dapper Days we had 9 people total in our family group and we got 2 Club rooms connected and one Standard room all on the 6th floor around the corner from the Lounge.Since you are allowed 5 people per room we just added names to the Club rooms to get everyone the Diamond room keys which allow you into the Lounge , even though not everyone was sleeping in a Club room.Everyone really loved it. But they didn`t pay for it, I did. It was a special occasion otherwise I would say it`s not worth it. When I go by myself I stay at Quality Inn on South Manchester for about $100/night.

My husband and I are considering staying at the Club Level for our anniversary the first week in March. In the rooms, are you able to see the fireworks for the Premium View? Thanks all. :)

Because of the summer/fall sale I got to book a club room for about $100 more than a standard room. I think the lounge will be a nice place to hang out and decompress. Does anyone know if they still do storytime for the kids?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter