Grand California Hotel-What a disappointment! (Long)

SillyOldBear

Mouseketeer
We just returned from the Grand California Hotel. I really ripped off. We stayed 1 night (mainly because of the cost 300.00 w/tax) When we pulled up to check in the bellman insisted that we store our luggage (it was 3pm) and check in later. When I said I had requested an early check in he just walked away-No help with the luggage into the hotel. Upon check in I was told we were upgraded to the concierge level (GREAT) When we went into the concierge lounge we were told we didn't have the "correct keys" for concierge service and that we were just upgraded to the concierge floor (6th floor) Big deal to be upgraded to the floor without the perks. Also kind of embarassing to us after entering the lounge. $300.00 a night s/b concierge. We stayed at the Dolphin for that and got concierge. The room was ok-nothing special and we had a view of the parking lot. I also thought it was a rip off to almost be forced to pay for valet parking. If you don't take valet you have to park across the street at the other hotels in their lot and walk back. Has anyone else been disappointed in this new hotel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter