Grand California Club Level Breakfast

TracyeKil

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have a review of the club level breakfast since the reopening?
Are the waffles and the donut bar back?
How are the offerings overall

The donut bar is back. Not sure on waffles as I don't remember seeing them. Boiled eggs, various pastries, avocado toast, oatmeal, breads (inc bagels) for toasting, etc...

Can anyone comment on the availability of gluten free options in the lounge? At breakfast as well as the rest of the service times?

Any protein option at breakfast other than the eggs? Are the meat and cheese trays back at breakfast?

We spent 3 nights last week and there was a meat and cheese tray every morning. There were also little lox/cream cheese bagels and mini yogurt parfaits for protein options.

Can anyone comment on the availability of gluten free options in the lounge? At breakfast as well as the rest of the service times?

I can comment! We just returned from our 8/24-8/27 stay.

I was extremely disappointed with the gluten free options. But overall I think the breakfast options were the best of all the service times.
For breakfast: Hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, ham and turkey, and fruit. They had a few different types of cereals, but I don't think any of them were gluten free. They also had gluten free bread, bagels, and muffins (banana and blueberry) in the back. Lots of pastries + the donut bar for the gluten eaters. But nothing comparable for those of us who are gluten challenged.
For afternoon tea there was either tuna salad or chicken salad. Some sort of corn salad. And again, bread or bagels from the back. The rest of the menu for those who can eat gluten consisted of turkey, brie, and fig jam tea sandwiches, various artisan breads, blueberry scones with lemon curd, fancy little cookies that looked awesome. Lots of little things that looked great but were off limits for me.
None of the hot appetizers offered from 4pm-7pm were gluten friendly. The only vegetables offered were little strips of celery, carrots, squash, and peppers.
For the desserts from 8 to 10 PM there were chocolate covered strawberries and macarons. One evening they had little creme brulees.
The cast members kept stressing to me that they could go in the back to find something for me to eat. I just needed to ask. But after a few times I grew very weary of coming to the Veranda and finding a beautiful spread of offerings, but little that I could eat.

My takeaway: Club Level offerings are great for those with no dietary restrictions. And even then, they are no substitute for the much healthier meals you can get at either the table service or quick service restaurants. My plan for this trip was to eat all our meals at the Veranda. That plan quickly changed once I realized that meant I would be eating little more than hard boiled eggs and gluten free toast for our entire trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter