Grand Cali to LAX, 8AM flight, Lyft or airport car service?

mstree7832

Mouseketeer
First time to DL is Feb 26 - March 3, flight home is 8AM. How is Anaheim Town Car Service for early pick-up? The reviews are good. Lyft is cheaper but I don't know what to expect.
confusegoofy.gif

LAX or SNA?

The Valets at the Grand also can give you a $35 flat rate voucher to use for a taxi which is usually on standby at the hotel.

My preferred method is Uber. Usually around $22 and I ave had no problems getting a car even at 4:45am once from the GCH.

I would definitely use Lyft or Uber. I live 10-miles from DLR so when I have to fly out of LAX I will use either Lyft or Uber and I have not had an issues even at 4AM.

You won't have any trouble with Uber, but the driver might not be that excited to drive over to LAX. I took Uber to SNA and it was $22, so for LAX I would budge more like $40. There will be 3 or 4 cars available even at 4am.

but the driver might not be that excited to drive over to LAX.

Although Uber drivers cannot see your destination till you get in the car and start your trip, drivers are now notified when the trip is expected to take 45 min or longer before accepting the ride...so they know that they are getting into.

Except for traffic, that is a dream fare for most drivers.

I'm so glad this was posted. It is literally exactly what I'm doing in February, staying at Grand Californian and flying out of LAX at 8am. I was worried about using Uber and considering doing a car service, but it seems like it's pretty normal to Uber to LAX from there, even at that hour. Hopefully that early there won't be much rush hour traffic

Although Uber drivers cannot see your destination till you get in the car and start your trip, drivers are now notified when the trip is expected to take 45 min or longer before accepting the ride...so they know that they are getting into.

Except for traffic, that is a dream fare for most drivers.
I've had drivers tell me they prefer one long ride to several short rides.

You won't have any trouble with Uber, but the driver might not be that excited to drive over to LAX. I took Uber to SNA and it was $22, so for LAX I would budge more like $40. There will be 3 or 4 cars available even at 4am.
My mom just did Uber to lax over the weekend and it was 54$

Here's my concern. I've never Uber'ed. My kids do all the time. We have an 8:25am flight out of LAX to Honolulu (Aulani) and I really don't want to be standing at the Grand Californian looking for an Uber. How reliable is Uber vs. a scheduled limo service?

Here's my concern. I've never Uber'ed. My kids do all the time. We have an 8:25am flight out of LAX to Honolulu (Aulani) and I really don't want to be standing at the Grand Californian looking for an Uber. How reliable is Uber vs. a scheduled limo service?

The only difference is that a limo will be at your hotel before or at the designated time. An Uber or Lyft will arrive a few minutes after you request it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter