Grand CAL. How much lower will the prices drop ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin"D"

DIS Veteran
I have watched the price go from 330.00 to now 233.00 I have to wonder what they will sell for when The new DVC towers start selling?

I doubt they will go much lower than 215 ish. I’m thinking about adding at this level.

I can’t see Disney pricing VDH for less than 240. It wouldn’t totally surprise me if they priced VDH at 280-290. Again, I see as VDH as newer but not better than VGC.

Not sure about price but I noticed since the VDH renderings came out last week, the number of VGC contracts on the resale market is down to 41 from 49.

41?? Why am I only seeing 27? I thought I had site showing all of them but now I'm wondering where else I need to be looking.

It seems like the motivated sellers sold before dues were paid.

The Bid is around $230-$235; The Ask is around $240-250.

Last edited:

Not sure about price but I noticed since the VDH renderings came out last week, the number of VGC contracts on the resale market is down to 41 from 49.

I account for 1 of those drops, I was originally waiting for the VDH price chart but when the prices of VGC dropped to $230 I decided to just pull the trigger because I see GC > DLH. When they were in the 280-300 range I couldn't justify that premium, but at $230 absolutely!

So at least for me, I value VGC over VDH even pre-renderings, not sure how many other buyers out there would agree. I could see prices to continue to drop, especially if VDH has issues selling and starts offering incentives (not to mention longer use period). I think the real impact to long term impact on prices will be if VDH actually fulfills the market need for # of DVC units or if they will still be way undersupplied. The fact that you pretty much need to own at VGC to be able to book there, and that confirmed reservations sell quickly is due to an imbalance of supply and demand, which keeps VGC prices elevated. If VDH changes those dynamics I think you can see it drop further.

I account for 1 of those drops, I was originally waiting for the VDH price chart but when the prices of VGC dropped to $230 I decided to just pull the trigger because I see GC > DLH. When they were in the 280-300 range I couldn't justify that premium, but at $230 absolutely!

So at least for me, I value VGC over VDH even pre-renderings, not sure how many other buyers out there would agree. I could see prices to continue to drop, especially if VDH has issues selling and starts offering incentives (not to mention longer use period). I think the real impact to long term impact on prices will be if VDH actually fulfills the market need for # of DVC units or if they will still be way undersupplied. The fact that you pretty much need to own at VGC to be able to book there, and that confirmed reservations sell quickly is due to an imbalance of supply and demand, which keeps VGC prices elevated. If VDH changes those dynamics I think you can see it drop further.
I now see 39 VGC resale contracts on the market. Perhaps others feel the same way.

So at least for me, I value VGC over VDH even pre-renderings, not sure how many other buyers out there would agree
I bought a VGC add on a year and half ago with the money set aside for VDH. Granted that was when the prices were peaking but we had also planned a few DL trips.

No studio balconies and a lacklustre view swayed me from VDH. I think quite a few others will feel the same.
Now I'm feeling nervous that contracts will disappear later in the year and we'll be out of luck. Ha!
Right now is a great time to purchase VGC. There are more contracts available than in years and a variety of UY have been offered. Price is also competitive currently from previous highs. If I was looking, I'd think now are ideal conditions.

I don't know if the prices will drop further after VDH goes on sale but I'm going to just guess that it won't go much lower than it is now, which is why I went ahead and purchased resale! It still has to go through ROFR so we'll see.

I bought a contract for 140pts @ $236pp. It was offered at $255 and $236 was first offer. Makes me kinda wish my initial offer went slightly lower but I didn't want to be greedy and chance an outright denial. At the same time, I made the same offer for a 150pt contract (IIRC starting at $255 as well) that was countered with a "final offer" at $248. Based on recent prices I knew I could do better than that. Either way, I am very happy to have VGC!

Originally, I was going to wait and see what the prices for VDH would be but the more I thought about it, the more I was swayed to VGC.

Even though VDH is still close to the parks, VGC's location simply cannot be beat. I'm not as young as I used to be. When I went in Feb 2020, I stayed at DLH. I tend to go hard when I go to the parks so I walk A LOT and walk fast. by the end of the night in DLP, we were ALL the way in Galaxy's Edge. That walk back was VERY uncomfortable lol. I went just last year and stayed at VGC for the first time ever and wow that location made a huge difference! So convenient and so luxurious.

When VGC has its full renovation in 2024 to finally modernize the rooms a bit, I have a feeling that the rooms will look absolutely fantastic.

I'm thinking that getting VDH on resale would be a better route, whenever that happens. It's pretty much the perfect resort to get if they end up having resale restrictions because I would ONLY use those points for DLR stays. I have a feeling that they may be cheap and would be a great option for people who are just out of driving range AND like to frequent Disney.

I just passed ROFR at $234 pp. Maybe it'll head lower, but VGC is my dream stay and I'm totally stoked to finally own there!

Can I ask how many points you got?

I don't know if the prices will drop further after VDH goes on sale but I'm going to just guess that it won't go much lower than it is now, which is why I went ahead and purchased resale! It still has to go through ROFR so we'll see.

I bought a contract for 140pts @ $236pp. It was offered at $255 and $236 was first offer. Makes me kinda wish my initial offer went slightly lower but I didn't want to be greedy and chance an outright denial. At the same time, I made the same offer for a 150pt contract (IIRC starting at $255 as well) that was countered with a "final offer" at $248. Based on recent prices I knew I could do better than that. Either way, I am very happy to have VGC!

Originally, I was going to wait and see what the prices for VDH would be but the more I thought about it, the more I was swayed to VGC.

Even though VDH is still close to the parks, VGC's location simply cannot be beat. I'm not as young as I used to be. When I went in Feb 2020, I stayed at DLH. I tend to go hard when I go to the parks so I walk A LOT and walk fast. by the end of the night in DLP, we were ALL the way in Galaxy's Edge. That walk back was VERY uncomfortable lol. I went just last year and stayed at VGC for the first time ever and wow that location made a huge difference! So convenient and so luxurious.

When VGC has its full renovation in 2024 to finally modernize the rooms a bit, I have a feeling that the rooms will look absolutely fantastic.

I'm thinking that getting VDH on resale would be a better route, whenever that happens. It's pretty much the perfect resort to get if they end up having resale restrictions because I would ONLY use those points for DLR stays. I have a feeling that they may be cheap and would be a great option for people who are just out of driving range AND like to frequent Disney.

You all are making me jealous! I'm hoping we can get a contract soon. Glad to hear you got a good price. I've been keeping my eye on several but not sure how low to go with an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter