Grand "Amenities"

Howling Howie

Earning My Ears
We will be staying off sight for two days prior to a cruise to accomodate air travel times/rates. Considering renting water mice during afternoon and then Cinderella Buffet for dinner. Can just anyone park at the hotel and rent/make ressies for these things? Can we also use the monorail to explore the other resorts? We don't plan on pool-hopping or anything, just thought we'd use a day to seek out future accomodations. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, any other ideas would be welcomed. Two kids, ages 6 and 13. Disney Quest was one idea mentioned in the boards.

Cinderella's is open for dinner to anyone at the Magic Kingdom. But it's not a buffet. You can make a priority seating by calling 1-407-WDW-DINE. We've eaten dinner there a few times and it's always wonderful. :)

You might have a bit of a problem in parking there for that long. They generally will only give you a three hour parking permit.

You *might* be able to get a longer one, but then again might not. If you can't, you can always park at the TTC and take teh resort monorail over to the GF.

Anyone can rent watermice, and they're loads of fun!

Disney Quest is at Downtown Disney, so you'll have to move your car for that. In that case you might want to simply park at DTD (it will save the $7 parking charge you'll have to pay to get through the TTC toll barrier) take the bus to the GF, and then take the bus back to DTD to end your day at Disney Quest.

Anne

I read somewhere that there isn't much to do at DQ for a six year old. I wish I could remember where I had read it. I just wanted to let you know to check it out.

We rode a bus over to the TTC from the WL last year and toured the resorts on the monorail and had lunch at the Poly. You should have a great time.

I think you can still valet park at GF for the day for a small fee + tip.:D

I assume you mean the Cinderella buffet at the Grand Floridian and not dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle at the Magic Kingdom. If so then you will be able to make your priority seating 120 days out by calling (407) WDW-DINE. You will definitely be able to park at the Grand Floridian. Self-parking is free...but at the GF it is quite a walk...and valet parking will cost you $6.00.

Have a great time and a great cruise.

Thanks to all who responded. MicheleMouse, you seem to know a bit more about the Cinderella Buffet at GF, which is the one I meant. Sorry for not making myself clear. Would you recommend going there? We've done many Cindy meals/meetings so that isn't really our major concern. We'd like a nice buffet with other characters as well. After being on the DCL, characters are plentiful, so the food this time does matter. I thought I had read somewhere that it was very good. Our would you recommend a DTD restaurant instead, saving us a trip altogether? Thanks in advance.

While this may be an unpopular view point, we did not enjoy the character dinner buffet at the GF. The food was not terribly good, the floor was covered with food, the food was not replenished. WHen our server asked why we ate so little we explained that we were not happy with the meal. The manager came to the table, apologized for the sloppy presentation, and gave us a partial discount. We left and dined elsewhere. With so many dining choices in WDW, this is not a meal I would go through any trouble to get to. Just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter